"Could not get item" leads to disconnect?

Ryan

✨ Lucky Lucky
Staff member
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Two nights ago, I was playing as my RAmar on Forest 1. When I tried to make a telepipe out, I got hit with a message that said something like "could not get item" along with the standard "there's no connection available" message.

Hm, must have had some sort of desync, the server didn't think you had a telepipe in your inventory, so it disconnected you for illegal item use. Not sure why it desync'd, best to keep a note of what leads to the situation and we can see if we can patch it.

I was in Forest 1 at the time and I hadn't picked up any items yet. We were all in the first room. I'm not sure what the other two people in my game were doing before I joined, though.

The same thing happened to me, only with a mag I had, I transferred the mag on my RAcast to my new force and when I tried to take it out of the bank, I got this message, and I got back into the game, this time it let me take it out but then trying to equip said mag also gave me the same message, so again, I re-logged, dropped the mag and picked it back up, and it equipped fine.

Happened to me again last night, I was gonna play Endless Nightmare 4 with some people and when I switched from my Shadow Autogun +1 to my Soul Eater +9, it said "Could not get item to unequip".

edit: On a related note, the bank crashes in a similar manner a lot, and it seems to only do so when you're in a quest.

Yeah, I think we figured out the problem. The bank item IDs and the player item IDs are overlapping, we've changed this and I also rewrote some of the game item data code.

The changes will be in effect with the maintenance tomorrow morning.

Back