(Cosmetic) The ability to have the appearance of other classes

Kokonoe

So this is something I've desired for a while, especially with the later games in the Phantasy Star franchise allowing this as well as the freedom to be what I want in FFXI and FFXIV.

Essentially I'd like to ability to have the appearance of a RAcaseal, but be another class entirely. PSO restricts classes to your appearance, but I really do not like that. I suppose it might be considered a drastic change to some... But I think it, if possible, would be a change that would be enjoyable for most players.

think you can sort of do that with some of the tools out there already.

Well not 100% sure on them but in the past when I was on schthack I replaced Flowen's NPC with another NPC model. And this was years ago.

Haven't really wanted to do that here though.

Well not 100% sure on them but in the past when I was on schthack I replaced Flowen's NPC with another NPC model. And this was years ago.

Haven't really wanted to do that here though.
Ah, I believe that might just be for NPCs. What I'm wanting is actually the characters that are playable to project their appearance on another character.

Last edited:
it's possible to do so (limited to client side, my screen shows a fonewm skinned to Gothic Rico, later I did the same for fonewm->fonewearl). We also had this thread Oo https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/interchangeable-genders.11555/

This thread may help when trying to edit your char, don't forget to back up xD : https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/character-model-swapping-tutorial.3510/
That certainly is pretty interesting! I'll keep this in mind, however part of the appeal of a design is having others see you too as that.

But nonetheless this is still neat.

Having other characters see you that way is impossible. In theory you could achieve what you want by replacing e.g. HUcast models and textures with RAcaseal models and textures, but this means you'd see everybody else who uses a HUcast as a RAcaseal, too. Arbitrary replacements are probably not possible, since fleshies have hair and skin colour files that don't mean anything to the android classes. The game might just crash if you try to swap fleshy and bot files.

tl;dr

You can't. PSO was not designed for this.

That's actually easy to do... on your own server.
When you use custom skins going upwards in the skin id numbers loops through all the base character class skins.
On default Tethealla, the /npc command prevents you from going into these values though (Most likely as a quick fix to prevent crashing other players with heads/bodies not within boundaries of those in the game client).
You can reenable that, but I don't recommend without adding proper validations for them unless you like crashing.
That said, I don't think this server allow skins, so not really an Ephinea suggestion lol

Back