Controller not working

Firestorm515

Guildcard
I've looked through the forums and can't find any threads of the issue I'm having. Whenever I try to use a controller, it only works a tiny amount. Pressing "A" at the press enter screen will make the menu appear, pressing "A" on my character will make the next submenu appear, and moving the joystick or D-Pad during a loading screen will make the little sparkle move around. The controller won't do anything else at all.
I've tried using my Xbox One controller (both wirelessly and plugged in), a third-party wired Xbox one controller, and my wireless Xbox 360 controller, and they all do the same thing. I do make sure that they're connected before starting the game. I've tried using SCPtoolkit, but had no luck there either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've looked through the forums and can't find any threads of the issue I'm having. Whenever I try to use a controller, it only works a tiny amount. Pressing "A" at the press enter screen will make the menu appear, pressing "A" on my character will make the next submenu appear, and moving the joystick or D-Pad during a loading screen will make the little sparkle move around. The controller won't do anything else at all.
I've tried using my Xbox One controller (both wirelessly and plugged in), a third-party wired Xbox one controller, and my wireless Xbox 360 controller, and they all do the same thing. I do make sure that they're connected before starting the game. I've tried using SCPtoolkit, but had no luck there either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Odd....Mew had been using 3rd party wired xbox360 pads for the last 15 years no issues...only 2 months ago had she tried a wired xbox one pad and LOVE it...Some ppl have gotten their wireless stuff to work by going into the PC settings and making sure the bluetooth pad devices get 'priority' was it? DON'T GIVE UP! WIRED full blood xbox pads shouldn't be giving you these issues dear =(.

Well after much annoyance, I figured out the issue. I have a driver called vJoy that I use to be able to play Guitar Hero type games on my computer. Apparently the way it works is that the computer views the driver as a controller, and assigns it as controller 1, which makes my actual controller read as player 2, and thus not work on PSO. So all I had to do was open device manager and disable the vJoy driver.

Hopefully this helps anyone who may end up with the same issue.

Yeah, I had the same issue as Firestorm.

Turns out that my bluetooth sega saturn controller, while not turned on was still being picked up as player 1 and wouldn't give my xbox controller input to psobb.

So i had to disconnect it from my bluetooth devices.

it would be nice if there was a way to get around this issue without having to disconnect every other controller.

Back