Constant disconects vs a different server.

shadowflare60

Cat with a drinking problem
Guildcard
So i mentioned this to spuz earlier, while i dont want to switch to ultima, i may need to.

I have issues staying conected to this server specificly. I have wiped and reinstalled, made sure theres no anti virus shenanigans, checked with my isp, and checked my end for packet loss, even though i use a wired conection. The strangest thing is that i live 2 hours out from chicago, so this should not even be a problem.

So i thought, must be me. So i decided to take a break, play eve online. I never disconected once. Come back? Dc again.

I figured it was just sega coding at its best (yay sega) so today, i installed ultimas client. Zero dcs for 8 hrs streight.

Somethings strange here. Please help me figure this out. Id rather play here than ultima as i dont want to start over.

Disconnect or game crash?

While idle or while playing?

Something you can try: it's possible you're disconnecting because your ISP is de-prioritizing you and causing your ping to shoot over 500ms+ because PSO uses almost zero bandwidth. This, in turn, may make your connection unstable. Try running a couple programs in the background. I run these 2 things while I play PSO:

1) Skype, idle.

2) open a command prompt and type "ping www.google.com -t" to ping google forever.

Ill try running something else while running pso. It could be the issue considering like you said, it takes barely any bandwidth..

Its a disconect.

Back