Configuring Controls for GC Controller

CDR

Hello

I've been trying to play this game using my GC controller, and I just can't seem to make it work.
I'm able to select character, and confirm what character I'm able to use (on the start screen), but afterwards, none of my inputs are detected and my GC controller doesn't seem to work at all.
To be more specific, I'm able to select what character using the X button, but can't confirm the selected character with my GC controller. I have to use the keyboard from here onwards.
Any help would be great.
If this question has already been answered, I apologize, and if you could please redirect me to that thread, it would be a lifesaver!

Thank you!

Use a program like antimicro to reassign certain keyboard buttons to your controller. It is the only way unfortunately.

Use a program like antimicro to reassign certain keyboard buttons to your controller. It is the only way unfortunately.

Thank you for letting me know! :) Never heard of antimicro so I'll have to look into that...

Maybe I'm using antimicro wrong, but I have the portable version, and I mapped out my controls in antimicro, but it's still not registering in the game.
Any help for this would be great!

DONT FORGET! Gamestop has been selling the new USB GC pads for the latest Smash Brothers release! Players here have been scooping them up not for Smash....but PSO~! Just a thought! <3

Did you run it as administrator, and if you did, have you set it up so that it always ask you for permission on startup? It's near the compatibility section in the Properties window somewhere.

Did you run it as administrator, and if you did, have you set it up so that it always ask you for permission on startup? It's near the compatibility section in the Properties window somewhere.
Thanks for the suggestion! I can't open up AntiMicro as administrator, so this might be a different problem entirely... thank you though.

DONT FORGET! Gamestop has been selling the new USB GC pads for the latest Smash Brothers release! Players here have been scooping them up not for Smash....but PSO~! Just a thought! <3
Thanks! Not sure if this will work for me currently though.

Back