Complete Noob Here and Ready to Hunt

ReaperSenpai

Hey folks I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to the Phantasy Star series and when it comes to MMOs as a whole so I hope you don't mind me jumping on board. I'd like to introduce myself a little bit. I'm 17 years of age, and I'm studying games design, ICT, and media at sixth form. I enjoy playing video games and watching anime a lot.

Favourite games:
B00dqm3.jpg

Favourite anime:
HOcXmrY.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to playing PSO with you folks.

A lot of people have a hard time believing that new players can be interested enough to start playing PSO after so many years after its release... and you my friend just proved that YES it can still happen more often than we might think. After reading your post, I'm very proud you found your way to Ephinea and hope you'll have as much enjoyment with the game as I did, and still do to this day. PSO tends to fall in the forgotten games of the past for a few reasons, probably mostly because not that many people had the chance to play it online back in the days of the official Sega servers. I still consider PSO a great classic as well as an underated game that deserves to be played even today. The games graphics have aged pretty well for a 15 years old game and while its gameplay is simplistic compared to lots of modern MMOs and RPGs, it remains a very fun and challenging experience. The funniest thing about it is, today might be the best time to finally try out the game. Why? Because back in the days, the official servers became polluted with trolls and hackers to the point it could be unplayable and it ruined the fun for a lot of people. On Ephinea things are different, and imo better in every possible ways. Great community, passionate and experienced staff running the server that bring the online mode back to life... It is indeed a great time to be a PSO fan, or to become one (pretty sure you will). ;)

Soooo, welcome to Ephinea my friend! :)

Feel free to ask around if you need anything and here's a useful link to the Ephinea Information Thread, it'll help you get a good start on the server. ;)

Hey folks I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to the Phantasy Star series and when it comes to MMOs as a whole so I hope you don't mind me jumping on board. I'd like to introduce myself a little bit. I'm 17 years of age, and I'm studying games design, ICT, and media at sixth form. I enjoy playing video games and watching anime a lot.

Favourite games:
B00dqm3.jpg

Favourite anime:
HOcXmrY.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to playing PSO with you folks.
*POUNCES and examines Reaper-san closely* Hmmmmm...Yup! You'll fit right in dear! Also looking forward to meeting and playing wiff you! Welcome to your new home! <3

A lot of people have a hard time believing that new players can be interested enough to start playing PSO after so many years after its release... and you my friend just proved that YES it can still happen more often than we might think. After reading your post, I'm very proud you found your way to Ephinea and hope you'll have as much enjoyment with the game as I did, and still do to this day. PSO tends to fall in the forgotten games of the past for a few reasons, probably mostly because not that many people had the chance to play it online back in the days of the official Sega servers. I still consider PSO a great classic as well as an underated game that deserves to be played even today. The games graphics have aged pretty well for a 15 years old game and while its gameplay is simplistic compared to lots of modern MMOs and RPGs, it remains a very fun and challenging experience. The funniest thing about it is, today might be the best time to finally try out the game. Why? Because back in the days, the official servers became polluted with trolls and hackers to the point it could be unplayable and it ruined the fun for a lot of people. On Ephinea things are different, and imo better in every possible ways. Great community, passionate and experienced staff running the server that bring the online mode back to life... It is indeed a great time to be a PSO fan, or to become one (pretty sure you will). ;)

Feel free to ask around if you need anything and here's a useful link to the Ephinea Information Thread, it'll help you get a good start on the server. ;)
Amen Dreamcaster-chan! Amen! <3

I was actually looking to play PSO2 originally but the story patch just wouldn't work, and someone on 4chan was kind enough to point me to Ephinea. So here I am! I tried it yesterday and started with a RAmarl but I'm not sure if that class is for me so I might try a bit of dabbling until I find a class that's right. It's a nice game if not a bit clunky at times, but I can see its charm and I'm excited to play with other folks once I've gotten better.

*POUNCES and examines Reaper-san closely* Hmmmmm...Yup! You'll fit right in dear! Also looking forward to meeting and playing wiff you! Welcome to your new home! <3
Welcome aboard!!

Thanks guys :D

I was actually looking to play PSO2 originally but the story patch just wouldn't work, and someone on 4chan was kind enough to point me to Ephinea. So here I am! I tried it yesterday and started with a RAmarl but I'm not sure if that class is for me so I might try a bit of dabbling until I find a class that's right. It's a nice game if not a bit clunky at times, but I can see its charm and I'm excited to play with other folks once I've gotten better.

God bless that person from 4chan. :D

More seriously tho, class choice can be a bugger at first. Some are very good in groups (Hucast and Racast are f***** OP) as long as a good Force is around but solo it's difficult since you can't use healing techs. Forces are very powerful for certain things and can let you solo some quest like Warrior's Pride (gotta love that Ep 4 crater farming) very easily since you get 2 npc meatshields that you can also buff/heal. Forces are kinda double-edged swords tho since most groups will need only one and a lot of players have FO characters already, still you will be very useful once you get the hang of tech usage and should find groups easily. A lot of people will agree that Ramarl is the most broken class in the game and the most viable in almost any situations. Being able to use ranged weps AND lvl 20 techs? FTW!!! :D

In the end you'll probaly end up with a few different classes if you play the game a lot so don't worry too much. IDs on the other hand are a bit more important to plan ahead but again, you can get in groups for the IDs you miss atm, it's just more complicated than if you have them yourself. ;)

If you want to see what IDs are best fit for each classes, anime did a pretty good job with his Definitive ID Topic. ;)

God bless that person from 4chan. :D

More seriously tho, class choice can be a bugger at first. Some are very good in groups (Hucast and Racast are f***** OP) as long as a good Force is around but solo it's difficult since you can't use healing techs. Forces are very powerful for certain things and can let you solo some quest like Warrior's Pride (gotta love that Ep 4 crater farming) very easily since you get 2 npc meatshields that you can also buff/heal. Forces are kinda double-edged swords tho since most groups will need only one and a lot of players have FO characters already, still you will be very useful once you get the hang of tech usage and should find groups easily. A lot of people will agree that Ramarl is the most broken class in the game and the most viable in almost any situations. Being able to use ranged weps AND lvl 20 techs? FTW!!! :D

In the end you'll probaly end up with a few different classes if you play the game a lot so don't worry too much. IDs on the other hand are a bit more important to plan ahead but again, you can get in groups for the IDs you miss atm, it's just more complicated than if you have them yourself. ;)

If you want to see what IDs are best fit for each classes, anime did a pretty good job with his Definitive ID Topic. ;)
Awesome stuff I'll have to give that guide a look at some point. Thanks!

Back