Coming back to PSO after 14 years

draqlo

Another old-new guy joining, although I might as well be totally new. I have a lot of nostalgia from discovering this game on PC and playing it on schthack's server back in 2004, I think. There were always higher level players there to level me up, but I eventually just quit because that got boring.

Now it's half a lifetime later, and I want to experience the game more wholly. I really didn't know what I was doing back then, and I want to actually play the game and not stand around gaining experience. I've been reading bits and pieces of guides, trying to make sense of mags and what to do with mine, and I've been playing solo up to about level 7 now to get used to the game again and to mess with my graphics settings. It's great to see this game in 1080p.

All I've got right now is a HUcast I've named Draqlo. I'll be joining normal difficulty rooms if it's not too early, or maybe I'll just be making my own with the word newbie in it or something. Tell me if there's anything I ought to know about playing with you guys. I've also got a high quality mic setup if anyone ever uses discord or something, but it might be a while before I do that

*POUNCES and examines Draqlo-san carefully!* Well well well, another SCHT survivor eh? You will find MOST if not All of us here are SCHT refugees too dear! You will find a LOT of other players heeding the call of Nostalgia from the Dreamcast/Gamecube/Xbox eras as well....so being away 17,16,15 years is hardly something to feel looking down upon =3. You'll fit right in! Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too!! But above all, Welcome Home! =3

lol thanks a lot. I'm a total night owl so I might be online in the AM a lot. I'll try to join some parties soon before I become too much of a loner

I remember in the schthack days I met a lot of cheaters, and that's partly why I left. they were some of the people just leveling me up without me having to do anything. I don't wanna talk badly about scht, that was just my personal experience

lol thanks a lot. I'm a total night owl so I might be online in the AM a lot. I'll try to join some parties soon before I become too much of a loner

I remember in the schthack days I met a lot of cheaters, and that's partly why I left. they were some of the people just leveling me up without me having to do anything. I don't wanna talk badly about scht, that was just my personal experience
Yeah...schthack did what they could to keep Most of the Trolls and Cheaters away, but they just kept coming from other shady servers with their bad habits and ruined it for everyone. Our Host and Admins are far moar Adept and can thwart the efforts of the asshats so as you can see there's No Cheating or Hacking here dear! You Will however, still be subject to the wandering loving denizens of Ephinea who enjoy halping the lower leveled players....a Lot! So please don't take offense and chase us off! lol! Lots of Old Guard Dreamcasters and Cubers like yourself often need to reinvent themselves after 17 years, So keep an eye out for better experiences than you're used to! Good Hunting!!! <3!
OH! As much as we WERE Happy on Schthack for 8+ years....you can talk as bad as you want about it! It 'WAS' an awesome server...nuff said. =3

Cool, thanks a lot. I just played a few hours with some people. I thought you had to start a quest to go to Ragol and fight, but I was wrong about that lol

it's been a lot of fun getting reacquainted, and I'm learning stuff I didn't even know much about when I played all those years ago. it's really cool getting a full party and adventuring around

I also was on SCHTserv and I can tell you, you will find more people here who will help you get going (in my expriences wiht SCHTserv you had to know people or get with group pretty quick).

Welcome to the server! You might see me around soon (though now not as frequently as I am rare hunting solo).

Welcome to Ephinea!

Back