Comcast problems

phantasystarved

worse than a Humar
Guildcard
So, obviously, I am not looking for Ephinea staff to be able to fix this. But I am hoping to get some advice!

Colette and I got knocked offline at about 2:45 am EST. We both have Comcast and live in the same area. I'm glad she said something in the shoutbox, because we're both getting annoyed by this. It's a semi-regular thing that happens very often in the early morning hours, but can strike at any time.

My question is this: Does Ephinea staff have any info from their end that I can take to Comcast to see if this can be resolved somehow? And also, are there tests I can run on my end to narrow down the problem any? I ask because Comcast phone support is god awful and they won't be able to tell me anything. Nothing truthful anyway (they will quite gladly just make up shit to get you to hang up).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This is a problem me and brother had. There are certain times during the day called peak time when comcast favor businesses over home/personal use. Oh, and all day Saturday guaranteed for me. Unfortunately, pso is one the games that will cut you off immediately when the chugs happen. If the ephinea staff find a way to fix that, we need to throw them a party or something.

I got a question because you use comcast too. Did you ever use up so much data in one month that they hit you with a rolling blackout. They kept on getting me with that when I first had it.

Nope, can't say I have, but my house probably doesn't use up that much. I imagine it matters what package you buy, as well.

As a former Comcast customer I get terrible experiences as well. Instead of slowness due to peaks which we still get ... we just have it cut off (no connection.) This isn't rare either, it's daily. Like 2-3 times daily. It takes at least 5 to 10 mins to fix it by unplugging the modem and waiting for awhile and then plug it back in. After having to replace 2 routers, 1 modem, wall replaced, new cables, moving a whole new setup to another room, removing VoIP device, and have a technician over to our house ... nothing works. We just happen to live in an awful area. When my brother moved to his girlfriend's house, they also have Comcast, and guess what? They have absolutely no problems what so ever. Which means that they happen to be in a good location.

During all that nonsense it made me want to go back to dial-up. Well, not anymore but whatever.

I know this adds nothing to how to fix this problem that you are having. Might as well share it anyway.

(Also that awful feeling of not getting all the job points [Type Experience] in PSU because of disconnection when you are half way through the mission.)

My brother doesn't dc from comcast come to think. He is the only one using it. Not even a cellphone is connected to it.

Back