Comcast disconnection issues and Fodra.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
So, working with NFO servers on the random DC some people experience on Fodra, it looks like there is something going on with Comcast. Mostly everybody who gets the random DC is on the Comcast network, including myself.

NFO servers believes it is occurring due to some maintenance that Comcast is performing on their network. I've been told NFO has contacted Comcast and are trying to figure out what the heck is going on exactly.

Auldrant and Lumireis don't seem to be affected by the problem for Comcast users, so if you're on Comcast and losing your connection to Fodra, you may want to play on a different ship. I know Auldrant and Lumireis were down a little bit ago, but they're back online now.

Thanks!

Good luck finding anything out from Comcast :rolleyes:

Just this past year they tried telling me that a bad connection one night was because my modem was "end of life status" so that meant I had to buy a new modem. Yeah, um, that's not what that means or how that works... eventually they fessed up to an outage.

Years ago I fell behind on paying my Comcast bill because a worker's comp payment of mine was getting held up. They turned my service off, which was understandable. But then they proceeded to keep billing me, because "your house is still getting internet, we just disallow you from using it". My friends, I am a mild-mannered guy but that was one of the few times where I really lost my shit, lol.

Good luck finding anything out from Comcast :rolleyes:

Just this past year they tried telling me that a bad connection one night was because my modem was "end of life status" so that meant I had to buy a new modem. Yeah, um, that's not what that means or how that works... eventually they fessed up to an outage.

Years ago I fell behind on paying my Comcast bill because a worker's comp payment of mine was getting held up. They turned my service off, which was understandable. But then they proceeded to keep billing me, because "your house is still getting internet, we just disallow you from using it". My friends, I am a mild-mannered guy but that was one of the few times where I really lost my shit, lol.
They're literally one of the scummiest companies on Earth, no question. As soon as decent competition was offered in my area, I switched immediately, paying much less and getting the same or better service.

They're definitely scummy, I live near the main headquarters for comcast at the moment so I gotta deal with maximum bullshit from them. Late fees, internet turn offs, unfair billing, planned obsolescence of hardware (which is why we use our own now, screw them) rude employees. It's all gotten worse since they became xfinity.

Back