CMODE Boss disconnection

UNO

Facebook.com/Ephinea
Guildcard
I have played 3 cmode stages tonight and when I reach the boss, I DC. I tested it in nmode to see if it was something to do with the boss warp but it worked fine. halp

In addition to this, I have just been running c7 and c8 and both times I DC in exactly the same circumstance, coming back to the lobby after the stage. Can't be coincidence..

I honestly don’t know how to help you. Sounds like something on your end as I haven’t heard anyone else having the issue.

Try the usual troubleshooting steps, I guess:

- Disable add ons, including skins.
- Check AV whitelist or disable AV.
- Check DEP settings or disable DEP.
- Reinstall.

*shrug* Good luck there, tiger! Hope you figure it out!

And as soon as dalz falz spawned on c9 I dc also D:

I honestly don’t know how to help you. Sounds like something on your end as I haven’t heard anyone else having the issue.

- Reinstall.

Thanks Soda, I'll give these a try next time I'm on

- Reinstall.

Tried all of these. I am still getting disconnection at gol dragon and gryphon in 2c2 and 2c3. Barba ray and dragon were fine. Havn't tested any others.
It is just when the bosses spawn, not when I warp into their rooms.
AV is turned off. Reinstalled on a different HDD too. :(

Considering all the things you tried, to me it sounds like either your router/modem is mishandling the packets that contain boss information, or something to do with your computer's connection. Something is dropping the information along the way.

Try
-resetting router and/or power cycling modem
-If you're on wireless, play on a wired connection
-If you're on a wired connection, try a new cable
-open CMD and try and fiddle with IPconfig options (most commonly you can type ipconfig /flushdns which works sometimes for people for some reason)
-If you have others sharing your connection, try to get them to stop and try then because ISP's have odd bandwidth caps.
-Try keeping something running in the background while playing, as your ISP might be d/c you due to the small size of bandwidth pso actually uses.

Sorry to dig up an old topic but still after these years I am still having this issue.
I have tested a different PC on the same connection and I have had no problems. Unfortunately it was my wife's work laptop so I cannot use it often or I would just use that rather than the problem PC.
I am quite sure it has something to do with the boss cutscene loading. Could there be any way to deactivate the cutscene in cmode or something similar?
I have been informed that there was somebody else (no sure who) that had had the same issue and wonder if that was ever resolved for him/her?

This is a problem for many players actually. Ender thinks it could be related to Windows 10. If you aren't on w10 then I'm not sure. I started experiencing this DC once I switched from w7 to w10. It only happens sometimes though, not every time.

Alt tabbing out of the game seems to cause it to happen more often, so when you reach a boss teleporter try to stay moving around. Not sure if this will 100% solve the issue, but so far it works pretty well for me.

Yeah, whenever I'm not host, I will often disconnect at any boss except Falz and EP4 Boss. I can load in just fine, move around and see others moving. Then the boss cutscene starts... After the boss cutscene, I'm stuck unable to move. Hud is still hidden and I can alt+bs.

I left my client there for a couple hours one day and saw that nothing happened. Sometimes it's fine for a day and I have no idea why. Tried adding/removing ENB/Reshade, tried without Lua, still couldn't find anything causing it.

This also happens to me when I tested on another Teth-based server. AFAIK Ephinea and public Teth do nothing special with the packets sent around the time of those boss cutscenes.

Never had this problem when I was hosting.

It’s not an OS issue. I thought this may be the case a few years ago when I was on w7. Upgraded to w10 but still had the same issue.
I am able to move around after the cutscene and have full menu access etc but everyone else is still, just like a standard dc.

I am fine with normal mode, the issue is only in cmode.. Which sucks as it’s the only mode I play seriously nowadays.

I will look into hosting games more but I think I may have had the same issue a few years back. Can’t remember for sure though

Back