Closed cuz DEAD ECONOMY

The economy is not dead, it's hibernating; people are either playing seasons or waiting for it to end. As soon as it's over and the community reconnects, it will gain back its momentum plus some because of the influx of spheres and transferable funds from seasonal characters. Just hang in there, man! ;)

The economy is not dead, it's hibernating; people are either playing seasons or waiting for it to end. As soon as it's over and the community reconnects, it will gain back its momentum plus some because of the influx of spheres and transferable funds from seasonal characters. Just hang in there, man! ;)

As someone that played the game heavily interested into the games economy and playing the merchant for a long time...

Economy is dead.

I had warned in previous posts about this and some of the recent events causing prices to destabilize to a point of no recovery.

Edit: I miss ya dab!

Yah, my post was just a prank

we ded boiz

As someone that played the game heavily interested into the games economy and playing the merchant for a long time...

Economy is dead.

I had warned in previous posts about this and some of the recent events causing prices to destabilize to a point of no recovery.

Edit: I miss ya dab!

The situation of the economy has been primarily caused by the lack of PDs in the economy. Paganini is eating them at a rate which is much quicker than they are being replenished. The xmas event damaged the market for like 5 items, the economy isn't propped up by the value of frozen shooters. In fact, anniversary event was far more OP than Xmas, and the economy was solid then. This downward spiral began in the last Fall.

But, yes we can all agree that it isn't just hibernating.

Last edited:
Idk, I think I gotta agree with arch on this point.
She smart uwu

The situation of the economy has been primarily caused by the lack of PDs in the economy. Paganini is eating them at a rate which is much quicker than they are being replenished. The xmas event damaged the market for like 5 items, the economy isn't propped up by the value of frozen shooters. In fact, anniversary event was far more OP than Xmas, and the economy was solid then. This downward spiral began in the last Fall.

The issue isnt one event. Its that each time theres an event a new item or set of items are devalued to insanity. What ends up happening is people that own them already but also would upgrade get stuck because they already invested into one and dont want to get caught in it spiral again. Every time they buy an item not in a event window they risk misuse of their buying power. A lot of the people that drove the economy were people that bought low and sold high, they were the people that had stuff for the forum to be alive.

Tldr. When everything is worth nothing because nothing is rare, people dont bother wasting time trading on the forum which makes the game look stale.

I was thinking about this, Hopefully players that currently have
PDs in storage come out and buy up eggs and other easter things

I can't believe how pessimistic you guys are! I think the economy just looks dead to you because the game is over for you. You now have all the best endgame stuff and there's nothing left to trade for on the forums because anyone who would be trading on the forums also has everything...and yes the economy was disrupted but don't be so shortsighted on this; I'm playing almost every day and I constantly see new players joining and bringing in their friends who also have yet to experience the game and just haven't yet reached that point where they want to use the forum to get their gear. My explanation is that what you're all experiencing is the growth of a new generation of players. There must be death for life to prosper on. Give it some time and you'll see. Economy can take huge dents but always finds a way to recover. This is simply a recessionary period and will snap back as soon as there is a long enough stretch of flat play time.
It's liberating for you to think now that you have everything that the best times are behind PSO and that that makes for a good ending to your story, but you're wrong, there are still more people and good times coming to PSO, but maybe the real problem is that you're bored and need to find another game to dominate.
This is the calm before the storm.

Lol Economic majors out of the woodwork. For a game that never had a legit economy and is over 10 years old.

I think PSO players are the only things truly beyond recovery... :lenny:

Lol Economic majors out of the woodwork. For a game that never had a legit economy and is over 10 years old.

I think PSO players are the only things truly beyond recovery... :lenny:
You nailed it man! hahaha

Back