Character Deleation Upon Death Not In Hardcore Mode?

Crimzanku

Hello
I just recently died and when I did I got a cant connect to server message pleas hit enter and when I do I got sent back to the login screen and my character was gone. Created a new character and died on purpose and the same thing happened again. I don't believe that I'm in hardcore mode, I know that your suppose to be able to select normal or hardcore when you create your character but I don't get that option. So is every character I make getting set to hardcore, I don't die often but it sucks when you loose all that progress when your not trying to challenge your self.

Hardcore/Softcore is an account-wide flag. So if you selected Hardcore when making your account, that acc is permanently HC, and every character you make going forward will also be. You can easily see if this is the case by checking to see if your character name is displayed in red in the lobby, and on your nameplate in a room.

Nope, just make a new account and make sure you don't select Hardcore or sandbox on the mode selection part of your new account creation and you should be fine.

Back