Challenge mode question

Mors-Somnus

Guildcard
So to preface. I’m disabled, so long play sessions of any game require fairly frequent breaks. Like playing 30 mins straight is honestly pushing it for me. Also I’m new so this might be a dumb question.

so I see in challenge mode the target time is under seven or five hours. How strict is that? Like how much extra time do you realistically have? or does the timer stop in between stages? Basically I’m wondering if it’s even possible for me to do a challenge mode run given my disability, or if I should just start saving photon drops to trade for ES weapons. Lol!

like from the looks of it I could do the individual stages straight through, but then I’d need to take at least a 20 minute break after each of them. And that’s just how I’m looking at it as a new player. Like some of the government quests in the caves I’ve had to take breaks in the middle of. Tho I can easily see how having some AoE would help speed those up a lot. Thankyou in advance.

You can do a stage at a time. EP1 has 9 stages and EP2 has 5. Some stages are fast but some are way longer than your desired time.

If your really interested in doing it I would not mind doing it with you, a stage at a time even if it takes us a period of a few weeks. But once in a stage you can't save at a point, you either finish or fail and restart. Idm however if you take a break during the stage and afk while I continue killing (as to not waste time but still give you the needed break, depending how you feel at the time) and after your break during stage you can then just catch up/walk to the end depending on how long your break is during the stage.

The times are not too strict, a random group who never played before could work it out and do it within the time or close too easily. The pros usually do it in 2-4 hours depending on episode.

I wanna give it a try at some point, because it’s kinda right up my alley. Right now I wanna get my bearing on the game, ya? I’d rather not be totally carried.

And the fact that it’s individual stages makes it totally doable! Like I *can* push myself. But yea anything beyond 30 minutes and I’d be out for at least a day. But it doesn’t even have to be one play session? I might even be able to rope my wife into doing that with me! Thankyou so much!

With only two players, most stages take around 45 minutes, but some of them take over an hour. You probably want to assemble a group of 4 players, because it makes things go much faster. You'll be way over your 30 minute limit if you attempt it with only two people, especially in Ruins 3 and Seabed.

I wanna give it a try at some point, because it’s kinda right up my alley. Right now I wanna get my bearing on the game, ya? I’d rather not be totally carried.

And the fact that it’s individual stages makes it totally doable! Like I *can* push myself. But yea anything beyond 30 minutes and I’d be out for at least a day. But it doesn’t even have to be one play session? I might even be able to rope my wife into doing that with me! Thankyou so much!

Yeah, you can take as long as you wish for the whole set, just a stage at a time is fine. Even if you end up being to slow for the ES weapon overall you can go back and repeat stages to get them faster until you beat the time and you will still receive it. Episode 1 has random spawns so sometimes these stages can be a lot faster or slower than average also.

Back