Cel-shaded PSO

Oth

Needs More Souls
Guildcard
Was this mod (made by Jason X) ever released?
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

More in the album.

*First arrives in Brightly colored lobby.... Ears flatten to head and Sloooowly backs away....* XD!

I don't believe it was.
There was always someone trying to recreate it at various points in time but no one managed to do everything, or if they did they never released it either.

Was Jason X - IWBTG ??
I remember he had a hard drive failure and further development was halted.

Edit: after watching the video again, looks like 2 separate projects.

With these kind of graphics for the game, it'll truly look like a PSOBB meets with Tales of Symphonia game/Borderland game. Which both have soothing eye experiences with their aesthetics. :)

I wish someone could recreate this. I remember tracking this back in schthack, too bad it never got released. Would bring a lot of new life into the game I think

I don't believe it was.
There was always someone trying to recreate it at various points in time but no one managed to do everything, or if they did they never released it either.
Really? Care to show me some examples? The most I've seen (besides the video
conenubi701 posted) has been using filters/ENB trying to mimic a similar idea.

I wish someone could recreate this. I remember tracking this back in schthack, too bad it never got released. Would bring a lot of new life into the game I think
It could be doable, the issue is the sheer amount of work of re-doing all textures, even if we just softened and traced the originals. The thing is these aren't and without someone dedicated enough and/or massive constant support from the PSO community, the most we could manage would be finding a filter that mimicked some aesthetics and macro'ing it to apply over all game textures.

Looks cute :) They could replace the main characters by super deformed versions and call it PSO BB SD!

Any work I knew about was on the now nuked schthack forums :rolleyes:

I think that's a LOT of work so projects like this will always die easily :(

Not related but I'm just going to leave this here :)

Sad that this project died, that looks really neat.
Well, we assume it "died" because we haven't heard about it, but technically for all we know someone might be playing with it on a Chinese private server right now.

I think that's a LOT of work so projects like this will always die easily :(

Not related but I'm just going to leave this here :)

Sadly, without monetary help and/or huge community support, its extremely hard to complete projects that involve so much work.

From reading what Vex said and what my friend told me the project was lost due to the HDD failure and was given up on when attempting to remake it. Also from what I remember there was a "cel shaded" project and a water color one, hence the differences in style.

Sadly, without monetary help and/or huge community support, its extremely hard to complete projects that involve so much work.

The problem with this fan remakes is that :( If it was a simple game sure! But PSO is huge for a fan make a remake. I think it would be better if the guy just tried to make a PSO look alike and put it on Steam early access or something to earn some money so it could get a chance!

I found this video while looking for games like PSO too bad there is nothing like it :( I know the gameplay is dated but PSO for me is the only MMO game that looks interesting cause you need to earn everything without any P2W bull****

Back