Can't tek up weapon specials?

Miku

vocaloid
After getting a Drain Gladius in the new patch soon after easter ending, I tried tekking it many times and the tekker set it to draw or drain every single time. He wouldn't ever give it fill. Sure it'd still be trash even if it were fill, but I thought you could increase the specials like this by 1 level if you kept tekking them enough times. Or I got ridiculously unlucky but it seemed impossible to me.

And yes, verified with my item reader that it was a Drain Gladius before tekking.

It's possible this is only for drain and just no one ever noticed before since it didn't really ever drop on ultimate and on one would care to make a fill weapon very much, but I still think it's a bug.

Might have something to do with the recent wep rank change that happened as the easter event ended. I personally couldn't tell you if your drop is a bug or intended, though

It's not the drop that I'm thinking is the bug, it's the fact that I can't seem to tek up drain into being fill. I'm sure drain is intended to be droppable now.

I tested it out quickly in Sandbox mode with a Master sword and a Drain saber and i confirm your statement.
Drain does not seem to upgrade to Fill but downgrades to Draw.
On the contrary Master upgrades to Lord, no difficulty.
I will try to test out further with other specials when i have time.

Thanks for the report. Looks like this has been an issue when tekking Drain since Public Tethealla release in 2008. From a quick glance at the table, looks like the other specials all tekk properly.

Should be fixed next ship update.

Back