Can't play the game

YourBuddyJoe

I set up an account and clicked the link on the activation e-mail but when I try to sign in using my user id and password it just says the patch was downloaded, gives me that message about using "online.exe" to make sure patch is applied properly, blah blah, then i press enter and it closes the game. Happens that way EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it.

This happens if, for some reason, the files that are patched in are unable to be applied.

This can happen because of an AV program or lack of permissions (such as not running as administrator).
You might wanna try temporarily disabling AV to see if it's that, or running online.exe as admin.

I guess specific messages related to the type of error would just be redundant. I've tried running as an administrator, but I think the AV I have is like a cancer that I may just have to delete cuz I can't seen to get it to turn off

Adding the Ephinea folder to your Antivirus's exceptions usually fixes this. Then after you've redownloaded I run online.exe from the games folder itself. Some AV's are stupid like that.

Actually if I'm right, I'm the one who caused the infinite patching. I've reverted some stuff and it should be okay.

Back