Cannot Change Resolution in "More"

tofuman, this is the best news i've heard all year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
soly, thank you for the awesome post, i'll admit i'm nowhere near literate enough to understand what it means but i'm pretty sure that's the information everyone's been looking for, so thank you . very much

I’ve been playing since 10 AM and the game is just so much better and more cohesive now that it’s almost unrecognizable. Soon will be the first time that I finish Episode 1; for the countless hours I’ve played this throughout the years, I’d never finished the original Dreamcast content. But all the stars have aligned now; the “resolution” issue is solved, and I can see three feet in front of me without glaring pop-in issues. What you did was no small feat, and it certainly wasn’t a ‘nitpick’ issue. Sans hyperbole, the new Options.exe has redefined the game.

Thank you.

I might be setting a record here for the literal smallest gripe in history, but: the only “draw distance” value that has yet to be touched is the enemy blood splats. Those are still bound to the original clip distance, it seems. I only mention it because I suspect it would be easy to fix. But if not, really, it’s not a big deal.

Lastly (and this is entirely based on something I read on this forum), someone was saying that if you increase draw distance then it may break the Photon Blast animations because it would make doors and objects visible during it. Now I haven’t tested this myself since it takes forever (for me) to charge, but I figured I’d mention it.

Anyways... thank you Tofuman... couldn’t be more appreciative.

The doors are processed differently when you are close and far away. They will just appear invisible during a PB. although they may appear if you're close to one that's opening but that has nothing to do with the changes made. I've tested a PB and it all seems fine.

the blood splatters I forgot and looked into while I fixed the targeting issue. It's added to the code now but it will be in the next update as its probably not worth patching again just for that. We'll have to see how the client handle the blood. I don't have a great system but everything turned to max seems to run okay. There are other little parts that I could increase the distance on (like particles and enemy projectiles and such) but will probably add those in stages. (if anyone notices something that be a priority let me know).

Back