Black Screen after connecting

Skalla

Hello,

I just registered, downloaded the full client and set online.exe properties as per the FAQ. I was able to launch the game, create a character, but immediately after I pass the "Connecting..." screen (the one where you can mover the sparkly thing around), I get a black screen and and Windwos Task Manager says the process is hung. No issues showing in my AV or firewall...any help would be greatly appreciated, very excited to try a vanilla PSO server.

If you play in w10 and full screen it will get stuck there, if the addition of the reg keys changed it to window mode, then was part of the "solution".
But well, since you didn't specify anything about your system, thought that would let you know.

Yes I am on windows 10. And yes I noticed that even after I added the registry keys if I forced full screen I would get stuck. But no big deal I can live with windowed mode. Easy web access to MAG feeding charts that way :p

Once I was in though game is smooth as can be. Met some great people right off the bat. Mega Kudos to everyone involved in this project!

I always use window mode, being gm (Not here on Ephinea) pretty much requires it :p
And glad you figured it out, there is a topic on dev section > tools, about borderless window, might want to check it out if you want fullscreen back.

Back