Best way to CRUSH LSB on A1?

Miku

vocaloid
Why LSB? Well based on my latest math, it gives the highest expected value per minute of any quest in the game. With 46 S-Blues in only about an 8-minute run (haven't actually timed but that's how long it seems to me), you get a ton of lame chances and the Gilchics and Sinow Blues (both of which are very common here btw) drop weapons which are also quite valuable with the attribute bonus of yellowboze combined with anguish making them be pattern 444 weapons.

By CRUSH I don't just mean be a ranger in the corner spamming your 100% machine 50% hit baranz. I mean more like every even slightly threatening spawn should be promptly met with either a freeze trap or a very high hit snow queen that freezes almost every or even every Sinow is a sitting duck that can quack its last quack as early as possible for maximum efficiency. However, once an enemy is frozen, then it can be attacked by DoB, Dark Flow, any good sacrificial sword/partisan, or Arms/Baranz Launcher.

My ideas:
1. I don't really like playing HU and have kinda sold all my HU gear so that's basically out for me.
2. I love being the FO but I do think they're the ones able to do the least damage here and are overall the least important and even with just a random FO as long as they use s/d/j/z they'll be plenty helpful so I'd prefer not to be a FO, either. Well, unless people are willing to join me in this quest as 3 good HU/RA characters.
3. So as you likely figured out from 1 and 2, that would mean I'd want to use a RA. However, which one?!

1. RAmar - The only RA to be able to hit 100% of the time against both S-Red and S-Blue with my 45h fs to freeze them. Yes it's not a snow queen but I could upgrade it. On top of that, his high accuracy allows him to use hss combos with any of the weapons I like against the frozen enemies there.

2. RAmarl - Still at almost 100% hit with the fs, and 100% against the S-Blues which are the most important here so not really that big of a drawback at freezing compared to the RAmar. After sweetheart boost can still do almost the same damage as the RAmar. And can save time by not necessarily needing a force in the party to be able to start. And the fastest heaven striker animation for the best picking off of single targets as well as just great firepower for the enemies on the platform in the middle on that one big room.

3. RAcast - At least, being able to use freeze traps to not have to waste time snow queening everything. Then again, a lot of rooms someone else does that anyways so it's not like it's necessarily a huge time saver against every wave, but it does help. And with the highest ATP of the RA class, his hss comboes will just do the most damage and still is 100% accurate with the most important weapons against frozen S-Reds and S-Blues, even on A1. Really overall quite strong but really only drawback is his inability to hss combo against Canabins with a Baranz Launcher as it'd only have 88.1% accuracy on the 2nd attack without A1, so with A1 it'd have 6 more EVP which I believe is -1.2% so he'd be down to only 86.9% with that attack against the Canabins which would be a drawback compared to any of the other rangers.

4. RAcaseal - RAcast but without the missing Canabins problem but lower ATP and just mostly weaker against everything else.

Now I already have a good Yellow level 200 RAmarl but without either making one of these other characters or upgrading my fs to a sq, I don't think she's really all that great at this quest. So now it's your turn, help me decide what is the best character for farming this quest. I want to either make a new yellowboze to level up during the next exp week, or get my fs upgraded but I still want to try to nab another 40h hs or have enough PDs sitting around to buy one, first.

If you want best value-per-minute, you want to go fast. You mention "sitting in a corner with Baranz Launcher", but it's a popular weapon for a reason – this video from Alisaryn does a pretty good job showing that Baranz tears spawns up as you'd like, and you don't even have to sit in a corner to do it!

(Also, it's a good video on crushing LSB in general on RA. Cheers!)

If you are male there are a few spots in LSB you can use to katana clip the walls to make the run faster which is nice.

1. I don't really like playing HU and have kinda sold all my HU gear so that's basically out for me.

HU can be pretty fun in LSB, DF gets used a lot; for Baranz and if you have a good enough DF you can drop kill sinows, (but if not a quick FT to kill after np). And Gilchichs are easy DoB prey. There are also some Vjaya & Oro spawns which can make any HU pretty strong here.

2. I love being the FO but I do think they're the ones able to do the least damage here and are overall the least important and even with just a random FO as long as they use s/d/j/z

FO in mines can be OP, especially FOnewm or FOmar because of the Gi Boosts. Gifoie spam centrally in any of the big sinow waves/rooms and they will deplete most of their HP as they drop, leaving clear-up shorter. Not to mention some canabin spawn KO's.

-- But obviously as mentioned already RA is also strong in mines. A team comp many different ways works well with LSB, (1 FO+ RA/HU's).

Did a bunch of A1 LSB last year when LSB was in the rotation of HBR, It was great fun and there were some truly epic runs.
Mewkey was doing a lot of streaming at the time of these runs.
Here is an example of Area 1 Reset from SLW:

Last edited:
If you want best value-per-minute, you want to go fast. You mention "sitting in a corner with Baranz Launcher", but it's a popular weapon for a reason – this video from Alisaryn does a pretty good job showing that Baranz tears spawns up as you'd like, and you don't even have to sit in a corner to do it!

(Also, it's a good video on crushing LSB in general on RA. Cheers!)
Wtf, Ali is so clean...

Back