Best Gear?

Taurus

Guildcard
Hey all I've been playing pso since when back when. But I'm just as newbish as anyone can be so what I'm really tryna get at is; what is recommended for a Hucast 140+
I have in my possession:
S-Reds
Lame (Half-Unsealed)
0'D Girasole
C.Vulcs 50h
A.Raygub 50h
SoF (Weak stats)
DoB 30h
That's about it, I know I'm fairly lavking when it comes to hunter weps and iirc I have about 27pds. What other weps should I get?

https://sites.google.com/site/psowiki/home/hucast
^A decent equipment reference from old Schthack (ignore Rainbow, Empress, Schthack's Jacket)

Looking at your gear I'd recommend you get a 30+ hit Yunchang (or Zanba maybe), 50 hit Charge Raygun, 50 hit Charge Diska, 50 hit Hell Raygun, Twin Blaze, and make sure you're wearing the armor Thirteen to combo with DoB.

DF and sranks (Hell+Arrest jcutter/Slicer, Zalure Handgun), costs alot more than 27 pds but just something to aim for ;)

s. parts 2.01 (15-20pds) upgrade to red ring at 180 (40pd+)

v101 (12-15pds)-built in heavenly/battle plus stats
v502 (20-25pds)-boost hell by 2x activation, arrest, confuse, freeze by 1.5x

stuff to save up for:
zalure s-rank gun (70pd)
hell s-rank j-cutter (60pd)
arrest s-rank j-cutter (60pd)
demons s-rank mechguns (60pd)

What units are you using? You could really use a beat stick (Zanba/yunchang if you're comfortable zerking up close or red sword with hit otherwise) but the biggest improvement is likely to come from capping your ata.

S-parts and thirteen would be a good armor combo, units should be: smartlink (mandatory) battle unit (v101 or h/battle) h/arms then a utility unit, either cures or 501/502 or another arms if you need ata still.

After that's done I'd look to swap the girasole for a bkb then probably starting saving for an s rank hell cutter. Others listed here are useful eventually but you could easily prioritize better hit gear before arrest/zal, and especially demons mechs.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll admit the s-rank zalure, arrest, demons stuff is a bit of a low priority.

s-rank zalure gun is really only needed if you don't play with fleshies or solo as well and even then it isn't that needed due to how Hucasts natural atp can carry his ass with just s-red's level 3 shifta.

One thing I forgot is you should attempt to get some is a pair of the xmas charge typeME/mechguns. 70 base atp, 60 base ata, and a bit of a better attack angle makes them a bit better than 50 hit charge vulcans.

With level 30 shifta and level 30 zalure and a ton of critical hits (4 s crits or 3 s crits and 2 normal crits) you can combo kill a dorphan with sns. They won't cost you 60 pds as well (just 30 or so)

If you're comparing type me mechs you might as well compare them to similarly priced items - like 60h gats or repeaters, both of which would be much more useful than the types, especially given hucast ata. Personally I'd even use 50h c vulcs over them as 2 ata makes more of a difference than the atp boost over time.

And if you were set on upgrading mechs first the even better option given the low budget would be a pair of 55h c gatlings for a few pds.

That said, I use types on my ramar because aesthetics>all

Thanks for the input all. I appreciate it
As for my units it would be
-v101
-v502
-smartlink
-CAbility
I forgot my shield
Mag: Tellusis 5/150/45/0
Sato 5/150/45/0
Moro 5/60/35/0

looks pretty good - if I were you I'd try to swap the c/abil out for an h/arms as they're worth about the same, use ~17ish pd to snag an s-parts 201 as that will add 15 ata over your cap, and pick up a 30h multi target as mentioned above. from there, you may also want to place a custom order for a new mag - 5/133/62/0 is the standard hucast mag. that'll be a massive quality of life/damage improvement for the pds.

THEN maybe hit up that hell jcutter if you really like episode two, or try to snag some higher hit items, or possibly max out your cast's mat count: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/ndws-guide-for-stat-maxing-characters.421/

Actually with him being over 140 he won't need that new mag if he is using a 150/45 mag.

Base ata is 141 at 140.
25 h/arms
22.5 from 45 sex
1.5 from v101
190 ata

Chances are since he is over 140 he can max his ata with just those 3 or at least sit at 190 for another level.

With 100 pow mats he will have over 1361 atp as well.

Actually with him being over 140 he won't need that new mag

You're 8 ata short and stuck using a g/arm at 200 to cap ata with this set up which doesn't make any sense.

Even just leveling up with the 45 will push you into using h/arms deep into end game when you could be using poss to actually connect with xcal special or another cure for quality of life.

Better to swap the mags since it's not like you couldn't just trade one for the other.

Back