BBmod conflict with Raphnet Gamecube Controller (Windows 8.1)

Crimefridge

I have spent 8 hours trying to figure out why I couldn't run the game after I decided to swap to a controller.
I reinstalled the client and addons several times, tried to see if my external controller programs were messing anything up and removed them, several times.

I finally isolated the problem.

When I have the gamecube controller plugged in, the BBmod d8input.dll creates an error and won't launch the game.

When I remove the BBmod, I can run the gamecube controller just fine.

And for the record, my USB 360 controller does not have this issue.

So, there's a conflict, but I don't know why.

No thanks to people on discord who claim my problem is user error and that I'm some narcissist who "makes believe I have a unique problem".

First, I saw the error and just deleted d8input.dll which enables BBmod so I lost all my mod windows but could run the game with the controller.

Then, when I tried reinstalling, I realized I couldn't remove certain addons even though I disabled UAC, so I had to go in my registry and set it to 0 manually after Window Update apparently reset it even though the slider shows its off.

Then, my external programs to emulate a virtual controller was being read first (used to make Caps Lock pallete swap so I can use PSOBB Palette manager to have a 2nd 1-0 bar), so my gamecube controller wasn't being read, so I deleted the driver for the virtual controller and that fixed that.

So after isolating that the game simply wont run with my gamecube controller + BBmod, I'm asking what to do. Since I don't know.

TLDR: Raphnet Gamecube controller does not work with base Ephinea installation + BBmod, but works with base Ephinea. 360 has no such issue.

Last edited:
Wew yea i tried that a while back i think and had problems as well.

Right now i'm on pso gc with dolphin emulator + wii u gc controller adapter. With this, I get to play gc pso in widescreen and with the original controller..! (theres a code you have to enable to get it widescreen..just google/youtube it.)

Back