Bank options: ABC / max increase

shadow_FIX

ephinea music instructor
I know exactly zero things about how coding works in this game, so I don't know what's possible (or if this kind of thing has been suggested before).

I was scrolling through my bank the other day thinking "...man, it'd be a lot easier to find what I need if I had the option to alphabetize it..." I lightly posed the question with a few "big bankers" in the lobby *cough Kyusune cough* and interest was a unanimous yes. Not sure about implementation, or feasibility. Might also be nice to have the ability to toggle between ABC and standard bank layouts, so users who prefer standard layout wouldn't be forced to convert.

The other one is simply an increase in the maximum number of items the shared bank can hold. I rarely encounter this as a problem, because I kinda fall under the "casual-but-retired-pro" status, meaning I don't run into this issue as many as some. But people who have banks on banks on banks of characters who, even with the most sophisticated planning for organization, get frustrated with having to store their vast item collections in an arguably archaic manner. Bumping up the shared bank storage as a complement to the increase in Meseta capacity might be something worth considering.

I think these fall under the "creature comfort, non-Vanilla-breaking" category of suggestions, but again, implementation might be unnecessarily difficult. But I wanted to pass it through to the proper channel since some notable people expressed interest in the idea (Kyu, Ender, Venom, etc).

A++ rating to the server btw, thanks for all that you guys do.

Alphabetizing the bank would be annoying as I'd have to do the implementation for multiple languages. (At the very least English and Japanese.) It's easier just to sort it via the item code as it's done now.

The shared bank expansion is something that can be done, but it wouldn't be in the way you think without heavy client modification. We could add another shared bank or two to the accounts. Like /bank 0 (Character bank) /bank 1 (Shared bank 1) /bank 2 (Shared bank 2), etc. We can look into that.

I figured in-game ABC would be a bit much, so no worries.

I *really* like the /bank idea. Anyone I see flitting around between chars named "bank 13" and "bank 9" etc will absolutely love it.

Thanks for the response!

Back