Back from the DC and GC era

Hi All!

I used to play a lot of PSO as a kid on both dreamcast and gamecube. I discovered Ephinea a couple of years ago and signed up but barely got anywhere with it because covid came along and rearranged a few priorities. Well, I'm back to give it a proper go now and looking forward to it. Whilst I used to play loads back in the day on my dreamcast and gamecube, I still kind of feel like a noob because unfortunately I wasn't allowed internet access as a kid. Well now I'm here for the full PSO experience that I always wanted and looking forward to it. Hopefully I get to party up with some of you all at some point for some games.

My character is a low level RAmarl called Shiyna so feel free to say hi if you see me :)

Hi All!

I used to play a lot of PSO as a kid on both dreamcast and gamecube. I discovered Ephinea a couple of years ago and signed up but barely got anywhere with it because covid came along and rearranged a few priorities. Well, I'm back to give it a proper go now and looking forward to it. Whilst I used to play loads back in the day on my dreamcast and gamecube, I still kind of feel like a noob because unfortunately I wasn't allowed internet access as a kid. Well now I'm here for the full PSO experience that I always wanted and looking forward to it. Hopefully I get to party up with some of you all at some point for some games.

My character is a low level RAmarl called Shiyna so feel free to say hi if you see me :)
EEEEEeeeeee~! *POUNCES and looks over the Shiyna-san wiff a warm giggle~!* Don't for a SECOND look down on yourself for never being "Online" wiff the DC or GC, dear! ALL you really missed out on was all the RAMPANT HACKING that's given most of us Old Guard console warriors 'Some' form of PSO PTSD! We're talking "FUK this Shyt I'm OUT!" kinda bad! But, Yes... you finally get the "full PSO Experience that you always wanted!" and then some~! You'll get to Fight and Die amongst friend who haven't hacked their items or look down on you for being a nooblet!! You has a Lot to look forward to and Enjoy, luv! Mew promises~! Looking forwrd to pouncing and playing wiff you, too! Welcome HOME~! =3!

Welcome to Shyina >^w^<,

That's right, PSOBB and Ephinea allow the Full PSO Experience !
You'll love rediscovering the game !
Yeah, it's is also true, there were a lot of hacking on official Sega Dreamcast servers. Sonic team never managed to really prevent...BUT...there were the "Bad Hackers" and the "Good Hackers" ^w^ :

_ The "Bad Hackers" did a lot of evil tricks : PKing, FSODing, NOLing, FREEZing, etc.
Quality of the video is poor, but here is an example of what could happen online :

_ The "Good Hackers" created/duplicated very rare items were almost impossible to find.
It should be specified, at that time (2000/2001), very few people had internet (i didnt' have) and knew how the drop system worked. In these conditions, having good stuff was extremely hypothetical.
Somehow, according to my point of view, hack was the way to have the deepest and most complete PSO experience.
(I don't support hacking ^w^)

Yes, there is no shame.
When the game was released on Dreamcast, I was 26 years old.
So, I was able to manage an internet connexion for the game.

Welcome to Shyina >^w^<,

Yeah, it's is also true, there were a lot of hacking on official Sega Dreamcast servers. Sonic team never managed to really prevent...BUT...there were the "Bad Hackers" and the "Good Hackers" ^w^ :

_ The "Bad Hackers" did a lot of evil tricks : PKing, FSODing, NOLing, FREEZing, etc.
Quality of the video is poor, but here is an example of what could happen online :

_ The "Good Hackers" created/duplicated very rare items were almost impossible to find.
It should be specified, at that time (2000/2001), very few people had internet (i didnt' have) and knew how the drop system worked. In these conditions, having good stuff was extremely hypothetical.
Somehow, according to my point of view, hack was the way to have the deepest and most complete PSO experience.
And Don't get mew started on the Bank Robberies.....OR the Memory card Corruption codes used on ppl when they spawn into random lobbies! Some ASSHAT used it on mew when she was hopping lobbies....WIPED OUT YEARS of EP1, 2, And 3!!! It wasn't so much the Items or the rare EP3 cards mew lost...it was the GUILD CARDS of Loved Ones with email addresses on them that DEVESTATED her!!! </3!!

Hi All!

Yay another returning player I hope you enjoy the genuine PSO experiance. As stated above the official servers had rambit cheating and Sega couldn't do anything to stop it, not even ban players. It's honestly what killed the official servers near the end of its life span it was really dead online. But Welcome the community is very helpful and friendly you joined at the perfect time too!

Welcome to Shyina >^w^<,

Oh man that video really makes me peeved, as someone who went through corrupted accounts and losing hours of progress multiple times...how dose anyone find doing that to people fun?

Last edited:
And Don't get mew started on the Bank Robberies.....OR the Memory card Corruption codes used on ppl when they spawn into random lobbies! Some ASSHAT used it on mew when she was hopping lobbies....WIPED OUT YEARS of EP1, 2, And 3!!! It wasn't so much the Items or the rare EP3 cards mew lost...it was the GUILD CARDS of Loved Ones with email addresses on them that DEVESTATED her!!! </3!!
Oh sorry, I didn't know it was possible to do that @_@
YOh man that video really makes me peeved, as someone who went through corrupted accounts and losing hours of progress multiple times...how dose anyone find doing that to people fun?
Yeah...it hurts me too !
But that is how Humanity is. Human use their power to do evil and love it...-_-'

Yes, there is no shame.
When the game was released on Dreamcast, I was 26 years old.
So, I was able to manage an internet connexion for the game.

Haw , .
guild leader is old, I see I see. Meierlink-sama~~! ☺️
I'av (ed?) Hmm 14 years or 11 .

Edit : had ? . Difficile cette langue, avec les verbes grr.. "réguliers"/"irréguliers/et auxi" et nanani et nananana

Last edited:
Haw , .
guild leader is old, I see I see. Meierlink-sama~~! ☺️
I'av (ed?) Hmm 14 years or 11 .

Edit : had ? . Difficile cette langue, avec les verbes grr.. "réguliers"/"irréguliers/et auxi" et nanani et nananana
Yeah >^w^<, I have a lot of experience on Slaying monsters, sucking people's blood, etc !
Arf, je ne suis pas très doué non plus en anglais ^w^

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Sorry I'm so late replying, been absorbed in the game. I ended up making a Ramar shortly after posting here which has firmly become my main and also get my younger brother who was in the same boat as me back into it also. We've been playing together for now and really enjoying it. Hopefully I'll feel confident enough to team up with some of you all very soon :) Thanks again!

I too come from dreamcast and gamecube.
Ericsh(SD) dreamcast. And gamecube I was Eric(HC) hunters club is what it is.. I was friends of bull the leader of hunter's club. Glad your enjoying pso again

I too come from dreamcast and gamecube.
Ericsh(SD) dreamcast. And gamecube I was Eric(HC) hunters club is what it is.. I was friends of bull the leader of hunter's club. Glad your enjoying pso again
AAaaaand yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore~! <3!!

Back