Auto Set Tech to Class Max Level if a Higher Level Disk is used?

Ellrick

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I think it might be a good improvement:

Say I have a Lv 26 Resta Disk and I'm on my HUnewearl. I really want Resta Lv 20 on her, but I keep finding Lv 18-19 Resta Disks. Would it be possible to allow her to use the Lv 26 Resta Disk but only give her Lv 20 Resta?

The same would work for other techs, you can use a higher level disk but your actual tech level will only go to your class's allowed max level.

Does anyone like the idea? Would this change still keep Ephinea vanilla? Has this be asked for before?

Sure you could do it, but it would completely devalue level 15 and 20 disks, since level 16+ disks are so common in Ultimate.

ok i shouldnt have to voice why this is unnecessary but here we go

the value of shifta level 20 (arguably scarcest/most valuable tech were talking about here) is 1pd or less. if you cant find shifta 20 (which, you can, in ult cave or something, its called RNG folks) then you can surely find 1pd.

this just isnt an issue at all, let alone an issue worthy of attention.

Reactions: SLU
Lv. 20 techs are not hard to find / complete. The only techs in the game that are difficult to find are Megid and Grants Lv. 27+ and Lv. 30 attack techs. This is a neat idea, but it really isn't necessary.

Yeah I'm not saying this is a MUST HAVE, NEEDED, or AN ISSUE. I understand a person can pay one PD to trade someone for some of these techs, I just would rather not have to do that (coordinating times to be on can be tough sometimes) . It would just be a nice improvement.

I'd say no, because it reduces the amount of items with PD value in exchange for a QoL change.

Yeah I'm not saying this is a MUST HAVE, NEEDED, or AN ISSUE. I understand a person can pay one PD to trade someone for some of these techs, I just would rather not have to do that (coordinating times to be on can be tough sometimes) . It would just be a nice improvement.

It's really not something worth using resources on. If you're playing a character with Lv. 20 max techs, the chances that you won't have every single tech at Lv. 20 by say, Lv. 140, is very low.

It's really not something worth using resources on. If you're playing a character with Lv. 20 max techs, the chances that you won't have every single tech at Lv. 20 by say, Lv. 140, is very low.

Then I guess I've just unlucky with 3 characters at level 160s+ getting lv 15/20 spells.

A lot of suggestions lately seem to be more like "it would have been cool if PSO were designed to have this mechanic instead."

And while I generally agree with most of them, that's not really the point of this server/forum. Core gameplay mechanics (e.g., how technique disks work) just aren't going to be changed, nor should they be

Back