Auto-Loot? (QOL)

Would you be in favor of an Auto-Loot function?

• Yes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff has provided a solution for players who don't want QOL Improvements with Purist Mode, which you can read about here;

the text doesn't mention anything from qol changes, just the boosts....*ponder* must be blind

I just want to reiterate that I'm completely open to objective reasons as to why this feature shouldn't be implemented, and I'm not just shooting down people who disagree with me. "Everyone would use this and I don't like it so we shouldn't do it." just doesn't seem like a valid reason.

Staff has provided a solution for players who don't want QOL Improvements with Purist Mode, which you can read about here;
>>https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/account-modes/
View attachment 7497
Contrary to popular belief, Purist Mode ISN'T the be-all-end-all solution to the issue. The EXP share and PSO2 drop systems can be disabled without having to use the nuclear option and throw away the EXP/DAR/RDR rates you might want to keep. Purist Mode is only for those who want absolutely NOTHING that goes beyond what the vanilla game provides, rather than those who'd want to pick and choose what QoL options they get. (Edit: Pretty sure Yuffie's correct in that Purist Mode only affects the boosts anyway, so it'd do nothing to auto-loot unless that was tied to Purist Mode's restrictions as well.)

Though the main reason I'm voting "No" is because, given how looting normally works (press Down), implementing an auto-loot system MIGHT interfere with regular gameplay if the action slot used for looting just so happens to have an action you might need immediate access to (ex: Normal Attack by default). If there'd be no other way to implement an auto-loot besides making it trigger that action slot whenever you run over loot, that is. If you can present me with a working method of picking up loot WITHOUT interfering with any action slots (and I don't mean a theorycrafted method: I mean an actual, WORKING code that the game can process without issue), I'll change my vote. Until then, I'll go with the belief that the devs (who know the game's coding better than most of us) would have implemented it by now if they could have done so without complications.

I am against this. Drop checker is genuinely all the loot-related assistance we need. Taking time to hunt down those HP mats or those 55 hit Charge Vulcs you see pop up on drop checker is a core part of the game in my opinion.

Streamlining to the point where you just auto-loot photon drops, luck mats, and meseta just seems too hand-holdy to me.

I mean, it's kind of hard to blatantly argue against a quality of life change like this. It's ultimately just going to come down to "In my opinion, it's unnecessary and makes an already easy game even easier."

Don't really know what else to add.

Edit: Chronos highlights some other concerns I would have as well, great post.

Contrary to popular belief, Purist Mode ISN'T the be-all-end-all solution to the issue. The EXP share and PSO2 drop systems can be disabled without having to use the nuclear option and throw away the EXP/DAR/RDR rates you might want to keep. Purist Mode is only for those who want absolutely NOTHING that goes beyond what the vanilla game provides, rather than those who'd want to pick and choose what QoL options they get. (Edit: Pretty sure Yuffie's correct in that Purist Mode only affects the boosts anyway, so it'd do nothing to auto-loot unless that was tied to Purist Mode's restrictions as well.)

Though the main reason I'm voting "No" is because, given how looting normally works (press Down), implementing an auto-loot system MIGHT interfere with regular gameplay if the action slot used for looting just so happens to have an action you might need immediate access to (ex: Normal Attack by default). If there'd be no other way to implement an auto-loot besides making it trigger that action slot whenever you run over loot, that is. If you can present me with a working method of picking up loot WITHOUT interfering with any action slots (and I don't mean a theorycrafted method: I mean an actual, WORKING code that the game can process without issue), I'll change my vote. Until then, I'll go with the belief that the devs (who know the game's coding better than most of us) would have implemented it by now if they could have done so without complications.

Thank you! This is great objective criticism that I hadn't considered. I'll add it to the OP.

I don't get the salt, even if i disagree i thought the thread was interesting enough to post in it and give my contribution (like it or not), i just wanted an "objective" answer to the issue i brought but something tells me i will never have an answer, because i'm so "subjective". So we can't talk? This thread is dead to me.

Edit: Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one. And in this end this will be subjective because it's up to the devs to do something or not. Tho i will always support the devs even if i come to disagree with them, because they give us the ability to play on this cool server.

Last edited:
I didn't know I was being "salty"? My apologies.

4 people were saying the same thing in an effort to shoot this down, and I felt none of it was valid criticism. I was just trying to stay on point and see if anyone had any criticisms of the actual functions of my proposed feature. All I did was point that out, and then highlighted two instances of constructive criticism of the proposed feature, which were about how it's implementation might cause issues with how the game is supposed to function as opposed to people saying "I don't like it so no one should get it" over and over.

I'm sorry that was skewed or taken out of context??? At no point was I like, posting out of spite or anything lol. I'm cool as a cucumber. Even people who had the same complaints about the suggestion also said that it's hard to argue against something that's purely QOL and wouldn't affect anyone who chose not to use it.

Close this thread I guess. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back