Are we SURE this difficulty is correct?!

GEL

Hey there! So just started playing on Ephinea and...are we SURE this difficulty is correct? Like first of all it's really weird that in a regular room with no players the difficulty is SO much higher than if I pick Single Player mode. It's like the difficulty isn't scaling with players properly at all? Like I can barely survive the first room. I *KNOW* it wasn't like this back when I played on Dreamcast and Gamecube. Playing in an empty room and playing offline were basically the same.

But then even with people this difficulty on Regular seems WAAAAAAY too high. Either I'm misremembering things, Blue Burst increased the difficulty, or maybe adding all these higher difficulties mucked up the lower difficulties in a recent update?

You're definitely misremembering things.

PSO has never scaled to the number of players in a room and online monster statistics were always much stronger than offline. (Or single player.) Even if you played online with just one person on Dreamcast or Gamecube, the monsters were much stronger than if you played one player in offline mode.

Huh. Yeah just looked up the monster stats. Weird. I swear it wasn't this hard to kill a Booma at level 1 online but I guess I am just remembering wrong? Weird. Thanks for the response. Just compared against the Gamecube version too because I don't remember the enemies attacking this quickly but...I...guess that's correct.

Weird. Well okay then!

Back