Apple didn't bring back the headphone jack :(

i dont play pso tho

Eh, not like you can play many other games reliably with Linux anyway.

One of its advantages is that security issues aren't as much of a concern, since they're usually quickly dealt with when detected thanks to hackers (not the bad ones, though. The ones that hack to test security measures) and security experts who make contributions to the source code. Speaking of which, Linux uses an open-source operating system, so you can freely change it as you like, and there are many distributions available (most, if not all of them, being free, but do have their own restrictions that you have to deal with).

There's just one big problem: anime only mentioned ONE application that Linux can't run. There are MANY games and software out there that are just not programmed and developed with Linux in mind, simply because it's not a dominant force in the technology market like Windows is. There MIGHT be some backdoor methods you could use to get these games and other applications to work, but it usually requires SIGNIFICANT experience with coding and emulation (you ARE trying to make a game designed for one or two competing OSs work on a completely different OS, after all), and is generally not worth it. Also, you HAVE to make sure you have proper drivers available on a new hardware component BEFORE you install it (unlike hardware for Windows, which usually already have compatible drivers written for it). Otherwise, they won't be able to work with Linux if you decide to change components.

So yeah. It usually depends, but Windows is usually better for gaming and such, though the better security and open-source coding DOES give Linux its own market, and I'm pretty sure there are signs that Linux will only continue to grow.

Apple, though, can just fall in the grave it dug on its own and bury ITSELF, for all some of us care. It only got as far as it did because Steve Jobs was there to keep them from being anywhere NEAR that grave, especially after they started digging it when they almost got themselves into bankruptcy the FIRST time after he left. Don't get me wrong, though. I have respect for Jobs, since he was one of the people who helped revolutionize personal computers, and while I hadn't been born back then to witness that revolution, we probably wouldn't have personal computers today (or have even been able to advance so far with them) if it weren't for his contributions. But he'll have been dead for 6 years next month, God rest his soul, and there's no one left to keep Apple, which is now a hollow shell of what it used to be, from descending further down that downward spiral. He was pretty much the ONLY one keeping Apple on the straight and narrow, and his death pretty much signaled the beginning of Apple's second decline.

And while I'm not sure if other mobile devices are the same, I'm not surprised that Apple mobile devices won't let you transfer apps you bought to a new device, because the Apple computer is the same way.
Just wanted to point out that this is false. You can transfer mobile apps to any of your Apple devices. Most apps are associated with your iTunes login. You can just add it to your new device and download the same app from the App Store. You can also just do a full encrypted backup of your phone, apps, data, settings and all, then restore it to your new device as well.

Just wanted to point out that this is false. You can transfer mobile apps to any of your Apple devices. Most apps are associated with your iTunes login. You can just add it to your new device and download the same app from the App Store. You can also just do a full encrypted backup of your phone, apps, data, settings and all, then restore it to your new device as well.

Huh. Well, like I said, I don't have a mobile device, so I wasn't aware of this. Especially since OP gave the impression that it was impossible to transfer between Apple devices, though I guess that would only apply for going to older products (kinda like how the Pokemon series doesn't allow backwards transfers). Still, the lack of a headphone jack for newer Apple products IS a deal breaker for some people. There are those who just want to listen to their music without outside noise interfering, you know?

Still, the lack of a headphone jack for newer Apple products IS a deal breaker for some people. There are those who just want to listen to their music without outside noise interfering, you know?
You can still listen to music without outside noise interfering, you can use the dongle which plugs into the lightning port to provide a 3.5mm jack or you can use wireless headphones.

You can still listen to music without outside noise interfering, you can use the dongle which plugs into the lightning port to provide a 3.5mm jack or you can use wireless headphones.

The dongle is a horrible solution. Now there are TWO spots it can unplug itself if I'm listening to music while doing a labor job. It also takes up more room in my pocket (and I already keep things I don't need for work - like my wallet - in a safe spot outside of my pockets because they can restrict mobility).

I don't know why Apple thought that would be a valid solution.

Oh well.

Especially since OP gave the impression that it was impossible to transfer between Apple devices

No I didn't. You must have misunderstood terminology you're not familiar with.

"Switching ecosystems" means switching from Apple to Android.

No I didn't. You must have misunderstood terminology you're not familiar with.

"Switching ecosystems" means switching from Apple to Android.

Okay, then I misread it then, and I apologize for that.

Regardless, if switching to an older Apple device is out of the question, and you don't like the options that are available (though I will agree that the dongle sounds a bit inconvenient), you're going to have to either give up your Apple Store apps or give up the ability to use wired headphones. I can't say anything concerning wireless headphones since I've never used them, so I'm not sure if that would be an option for you.

Back