Any tips for First Character leveling?

Guildcard
Thanks to the shared bank it should be far simpler to snowball out of the low levels. It's just 'this is the first character on account and I keep getting interrupted to the point partying up outside of oncein awhile doesn't feel right.

Advice other than to just dogfood it?

Yeah that first character phase is always the worst. It can be fun if you have the time to play with others online and all that good stuff, but at the end of the day PSO in general is a grindy game. I generally solo quite a bit, especially on one of those days where I only have an hour or so to play. There is the classic Toward The Future quest which has always been my favorite but can get repetitious. There's also the Maximum Attack quests if you don't feel like doing a quest with bosses. There is of course the single player side story quests which (if you've never done them before) can be a decently interesting experience for solo play also. Just keep leveling up and once your past that first character grind as you probably already know, things will get easier!

Completely solo self-found?
I'd say the best way would be to start with a FO & try to farm one person mode episode 4.
Maybe run Pioneer Spirit & let the NPCs carry you...
The sooner you can find level 1 rafoie/gifoie the better, then you can farm the first few waves of MA4A to fund your mag.

Back