Any Fans of Original Sega Genesis Phantasy Star games?

I have definitely played them, but not enough to reach the end of the game. Some say ps4 is the best but I personally think they're all uniquely good in their own way.

Just Phantasy star 4 really, since it plays fast, has good story and music.
PS2 is also a good one, the issue is the speed of the game, PS4 is still fast by todays standarts and can be played at normal speed.

Reactions: Ray
I want to give the series a go (Going from PS1 to PS4) but I'm not sure what's the best solution to buy the first one... I can find PS2~4 on Steam but the first one is nowhere to be found.

I want to give the series a go (Going from PS1 to PS4) but I'm not sure what's the best solution to buy the first one... I can find PS2~4 on Steam but the first one is nowhere to be found.
SEGA AGES on the Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sega-ages-phantasy-star-switch/

If you don't have a Switch, there really isn't a way to buy the game other than used copy for SMS. Unless you can find a copy of the Japanese version for PS2... and you have a PS2 that can play Japanese games.

You may just have to BITE THE BULLET and play an emulated SMS or emulated Japanese retranslated PS2 one if you don't have a Switch or SMS or Japanese PS2!

Sadly I don't have a switch but I do have a modded PS2 that can play any region games. I'll figure the best option. Haha

If you want a good conscience, then just buy the Phantasy Star Generations 1 for the PS2, then go download an English patched ISO of it and play it on the PS2! Link here: https://www.pscave.com/psg1/download/

PSG1 is a good remake of Phantasy Star 1, though I feel the redone soundtrack blows compared to the original game. :(! Still, definitely worth playing!

* PS4: It was my very first JRPG experience and I still love it - as you can see in my avatar. It is pretty modern, well paced/balanced and the graphic/sound is one of the best, if not the best on Sega Genesis.

* PS3: This is the black sheep of the whole series. The story is boring, the overall pacing is frustratingly slow and the combat is not very interesting. Not recommended.

* PS2: This is pretty hard with hellish dungeons but its dark/cyberpunk-ish storyline was way ahead of its time and influential - Some sources say that the death of Aerith in FF7 was inspired by it.

* PS1: The balancing is quite poor in today's standard and 3d dungeon can be extremely confusing but the switch remaster has auto-mapping so try it on switch. :)

* PS4: It was my very first JRPG experience and I still love it - as you can see in my avatar. It is pretty modern, well paced/balanced and the graphic/sound is one of the best, if not the best on Sega Genesis.

* PS3: This is the black sheep of the whole series. The story is boring, the overall pacing is frustratingly slow and the combat is not very interesting. Not recommended.

* PS2: This is pretty hard with hellish dungeons but its dark/cyberpunk-ish storyline was way ahead of its time and influential - Some sources say that the death of Aerith in FF7 was inspired by it.

* PS1: The balancing is quite poor in today's standard and 3d dungeon can be extremely confusing but the switch remaster has auto-mapping so try it on switch. :)
My avatar is a heavily photoshoped altered and repainted version of Rune(Thray)'s profile pic from Ps IV

Reactions: Ray
Played them all mutiple times:)) love em! Favourites are psII and psIII. The soundtrack and music in them all are amazing. There is some intresting lore that continues on i different ways throughout pso and pso2. Probably psu also but havt played that one. Recommend for anyone intrested kn the phantasy star series. Do recommend reading into that lore cause it gives more depth/love for the whole ps world including psobb<3

I played PS2 in about 1993 and beat it after renting it from the local video store and being "too sick" to go to school for an entire week (I was about 13). Later picked up PS3 and PS1 but didn't get super into either (nearly beat PS3 but got lost I think in the final 3rd generation dungeon, or looking for it, and never bothered to go back to it). LOVED PS4 though, and devoured it in about 3 days. Levelled my Chaz to the point where I could beat De Faze solo, and was deeply disappointed when there was no special dialogue or anything.

Later got into PSO right at the end of the Dreamcast days, and read some surprisingly good fan fictions on phantasy-star.net (which it seems has since died?)

I played PS2 in about 1993 and beat it after renting it from the local video store and being "too sick" to go to school for an entire week (I was about 13). Later picked up PS3 and PS1 but didn't get super into either (nearly beat PS3 but got lost I think in the final 3rd generation dungeon, or looking for it, and never bothered to go back to it). LOVED PS4 though, and devoured it in about 3 days. Levelled my Chaz to the point where I could beat De Faze solo, and was deeply disappointed when there was no special dialogue or anything.

Later got into PSO right at the end of the Dreamcast days, and read some surprisingly good fan fictions on phantasy-star.net (which it seems has since died?)
HC beating with chaz only:D

Are you on a team or lead a Team? could you add me sometime? my characters is HUmar Ursis Aeon and a Hucaseal

Are you on a team or lead a Team? could you add me sometime? my characters is HUmar Ursis Aeon and a Hucaseal
Sorry but currently I am playing solo due to not having enough time to dedicate to a team. You can always find great teammates in the forum. :)

Sorry but currently I am playing solo due to not having enough time to dedicate to a team. You can always find great teammates in the forum. :)
damn it, was hoping you were in a team that had mostly players with characters inspired by classic Phantasy Star characters. Ursis Aeon is loosly based on Eusis/Yusis Landale

I think they're really cool. I wish more JRPGs had the back facing battle camera, it made the fights in IV feel a lot more intimate.

I'm kinda sad they stopped making the mainline RPGs, they have a very unique atmosphere and seeing it in 3D would have been fun.

I did play Phantasy Star 1 on my switch. It was interesting but I did get stuck in a lot of places.

I'm very, very late to the party, but I have the original and the sequels on my Switch... to date, I've only played and finished the first, but I love it.

Also late to the party, but...

To those looking for the original Phantasy Star, in addition to the ways mentioned at the top of the thread, you can also find it on the Xbox 360 & PS3 in the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Back