An old PSO player, a new place!

Erebus977

Hey! I'm Erebus, long time casual PSO player (I played the 1st version on the dreamcast!) joining up. I wanted to start playing some PSO since I had the time, and figured I would come introduce myself here as I signed up. So hello world! Its nice to meet you all, and hopefully we meet when I'm not busy setting off traps with my face because I'm too lazy to use a trap vision ( a tried and true method for trap disarming in PSO).

Thanks! Right now I only have a level 13 HUmar, but I plan on branching out into more support roles. Lemme know if you need a particular role in a group and I can try to pick up that character

I'm always up for helping people level if you're interested. The beginning, as you know, can be a bit tedious. You should play however you want!
Yep, this 100%. Feel free to level whatever and however many characters you want. You can have a lot of characters on this server and have a shared bank between them all. If you need help with anything, just let us know. Most importantly, have fun!

The shared bank is such a godsend. Bless the staff for making it a thing.

Actually, the beginning is the part I happen to excel at! Though I would like some help running through episode 2 or 4 on lower difficulties: I know the base game VERY well, but the other episodes are a bit of a mystery (I know episode 2 a little bit, but 4 is blind for me). So if your willing to help at some point in the near future I'd love to get some exposure to those episodes!

Also, a bit of a deal: I'm assuming your well into V.Hard/Ultimate difficulties. If you could keep an eye out for some of the 5* and 6* weapons (anything, even if you'd just sell it to the vendor is fine) I'd be willing to swap you a grinder or two for your trouble! That alone will help me break into hard/V.Hard mode without much problem. Let me know if your interested.

Let me know when you're online, and I'd be happy to show you the ropes of ep2 and ep4! Here's a quick thread of my free items, too. They're not spectacular but they might help you get started. Reach out to me whenever you're ready to play :)

Hey! I'm Erebus, long time casual PSO player (I played the 1st version on the dreamcast!) joining up. I wanted to start playing some PSO since I had the time, and figured I would come introduce myself here as I signed up. So hello world! Its nice to meet you all, and hopefully we meet when I'm not busy setting off traps with my face because I'm too lazy to use a trap vision ( a tried and true method for trap disarming in PSO).
EEEeeeee!!! *POUNCES and looks over Erebus-san carefully!* Yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster falls victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up on our little tribe's shore! It's amazing how even after 20 years, this little pixelated gem of a game can call players away from all the glitz and glam of other venues with far superior graphics, gameplay, and perks....yet they come in droves. And those who love the old school vibe they once felt, do something unexpected....they STAY! Some Even go as far as to run offscreen somewhere and drag friends and family kicking and screaming to share our little PSO Family as well! You'll find all your face trap finding techniques still viable here dear! No worries in recovering your mojo as you play either! It will be like you never left! Albeit with Quality of Life perks you're prolly already finding to your liking, no? Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too! Welcome Home! =3!

To be honest, I haven't really delved too much into EP2 or EP4 myself either lol. I've played them a bit to maybe unlock easier zones to farm stuff, but haven't progressed too far into either I don't think. Story is just kind of a side thing you can progress through if you are bored sometime. There's a lot of quests that basically take you to a boss pretty quickly.

I'm not sure what all I've saved up for fodder when it comes to Hunters, but you are most welcome to anything I have stashed away. Just say the word.

EEEeeeee!!! *POUNCES and looks over Erebus-san carefully!* Yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster falls victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up on our little tribe's shore! It's amazing how even after 20 years, this little pixelated gem of a game can call players away from all the glitz and glam of other venues with far superior graphics, gameplay, and perks....yet they come in droves. And those who love the old school vibe they once felt do something unexpected....they STAY! Some Even go offscreen somewhere and drag friends and family kicking and screaming to share our little PSO Family as well! You'll find all your face trap finding techniques still viable here dear! No worries in recovering your mojo as you play either! It will be like you never left! Albeit with Quality of Life perks you're prolly already finding to your liking, no? Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too! Welcome Home! =3!

This is such a great description of how someone could get back into PSO I have to quote it. Thank you Hope, I love it! its good to be back and I can already feel the old PSO senses coming back.

I can't say I missed getting KOed by a De Rol Le Crit for 80+ damage, but still the old shenanigans I tend to have with PSO make me laugh.

I need to get some sleep now, but I'll take a look at that list as soon as I get up and will let you know if I see anything. I'll still give you a grinder or two for the trouble, no escaping that :p. Thanks Cassie!

Back