An OG from the Dreamcast coming back home!

Moogle

Guildcard
Hey everyone,

I can't say how happy I am to be back online playing PSO in 2018. I started out playing on Dreamcast and fell in love with this game big time. I put more hours into that game than I care to remember. I recall many nights where I would skip studying for a high school test just to keep looking for that double saber that all my friends wanted.

I was speaking to a colleague at work about how toxic most MMO communities are these days and how nobody even talks to each other.That same day I stumble across an article on Kotaku about how people were still playing PSO on private servers. So I did what most people do, and searched on reddit for which private server was the best. Hands down everyone recommended Ephinea.

Next thing I know I'm back in the world of PSO and feeling like I'm back at home. Before I could even figure out how to control my character someone was offering to help power level me. GRANDMagus(sp?) took me through all the entry level stuff, gave me some meseta and a weapon and showed me the ropes. It was a great initial experience and reinforced my decision to come back to PSO on Ephinea.

My SN is the same as my forum name and I look forward to meeting the rest of the crew.

Next thing I know I'm back in the world of PSO and feeling like I'm back at home. Before I could even figure out how to control my character someone was offering to help power level me. GRANDMagus(sp?) took me through all the entry level stuff, gave me some meseta and a weapon and showed me the ropes. It was a great initial experience and reinforced my decision to come back to PSO on Ephinea.
AWWWWWWW YEAH welcome to Ephinea!

Welcome, dude! Like you, there are many of us who played back on DC and ended up here after a google or something. Happy to hear that grandmagus helped you on your feet. Most of us are glad to help newbs so feel free to ask for a hand or any questions you might have in the quick question/answer forum. For best results, join the discord, its quite active!

Welcome, dude! Like you, there are many of us who played back on DC and ended up here after a google or something. Happy to hear that grandmagus helped you on your feet. Most of us are glad to help newbs so feel free to ask for a hand or any questions you might have in the quick question/answer forum. For best results, join the discord, its quite active!

Thank you very much! It's so nice being in a gaming community where people help each other out. I'll have to check out the discord channel as well, thanks for the tip.

Hey everyone,

I can't say how happy I am to be back online playing PSO in 2018. I started out playing on Dreamcast and fell in love with this game big time. I put more hours into that game than I care to remember. I recall many nights where I would skip studying for a high school test just to keep looking for that double saber that all my friends wanted.

I was speaking to a colleague at work about how toxic most MMO communities are these days and how nobody even talks to each other.That same day I stumble across an article on Kotaku about how people were still playing PSO on private servers. So I did what most people do, and searched on reddit for which private server was the best. Hands down everyone recommended Ephinea.

My SN is the same as my forum name and I look forward to meeting the rest of the crew.
Ages ago Mew was friends with someone like you on SEGA servers...we would often simply greet each other with "Kupo!" on sight! At that time think her character was "Sithikat". Mew's gonna pray that you are in fact that same purrson she misses and thus greets you with KUPO! THIS kinda introduction thread is a Model one of a past passion regained! GRANDMagus is indeed a sweetheart of a tribe member! Welcome Home! =3

Ages ago Mew was friends with someone like you on SEGA servers...we would often simply greet each other with "Kupo!" on sight! At that time think her character was "Sithikat". Mew's gonna pray that you are in fact that same purrson she misses and thus greets you with KUPO! THIS kinda introduction thread is a Model one of a past passion regained! GRANDMagus is indeed a sweetheart of a tribe member! Welcome Home! =3

Interesting, I'm trying to remember if I used Moogle as a SN back then. I remember I had a HUnewearl named Sephiroth, but I did have multiple characters so one of them could've been Moogle.

Either way, thank you and I'm happy to be back online. I was even telling my wife about how I played last night and everyone was so friendly. Chaos even popped in just to say hi!

I look forward to leveling up a bit and being able to play with guys :)

Welcome! I too started playing back on the dc.. loved it so much!! me and my brother used to fight over playing it! And would only get an hour each playing it online (dial up) haha! Until I decided to get my own dc. My brother actually told me about this private server.. and I'm so happy he did as i havent stopped playing it :);)

Welcome! I too started playing back on the dc.. loved it so much!! me and my brother used to fight over playing it! And would only get an hour each playing it online (dial up) haha! Until I decided to get my own dc. My brother actually told me about this private server.. and I'm so happy he did as i havent stopped playing it :);)

Lolz, I remember playing on dial up in the old days. Kids these days don't understand the struggle of 56K connections. I feel like part of the reason my parents decided to upgrade to high speed internet was because I was always using the phone line.

Lolz, I remember playing on dial up in the old days. Kids these days don't understand the struggle of 56K connections. I feel like part of the reason my parents decided to upgrade to high speed internet was because I was always using the phone line.

i played on GC on dial-up. which is funny we called it 56k, because our connection never got higher than 30k XD

welcome to ephinea, somehow i like these stories, it is amazing that Grandmagus was faster then mew xD
If u ever see me in lobby, name of most of my Chars is Yuffie, dont hesitate to ask for help in which ever way you need it. Might be even carry, but im sure you are soon in ult;)

Welcome to the server! Ah yes I remember those dreamcast days, many hours spent sitting in my living rooms tying up the phone line cause the only way I could get on was with dial up lol.

i played on GC on dial-up. which is funny we called it 56k, because our connection never got higher than 30k XD

It's so true, the struggle was real! I felt like I would always get disconnected at the worst possible times when playing PSO on dialup.

welcome to ephinea, somehow i like these stories, it is amazing that Grandmagus was faster then mew xD
If u ever see me in lobby, name of most of my Chars is Yuffie, dont hesitate to ask for help in which ever way you need it. Might be even carry, but im sure you are soon in ult;)

It's funny you mention that because someone in the lobby actually made the comment "GrandMagus is the new mew" and I didn't realize what that meant at the time lol. Thanks for the offer to help, I'll definitely take you up on that sometime!

Welcome to the server! Ah yes I remember those dreamcast days, many hours spent sitting in my living rooms tying up the phone line cause the only way I could get on was with dial up lol.
Haha I remember my mum shouting at me and my bro to get off so she could use the phone to call her sister to talk about coronation street :mad::mad:

*Blinks at mention of her prowess and smiles a fanged grin* Mew may be only ONE Purrson and can't pounce EVERY new returning warrior...however, she's quite proud and happy of those who she herself had once pounced take it upon themselves to step in and ensure these same vets get their mojo flowing again! Mew is a staunch believer in "Reap what you Sow" dammit! Give Love, get Love! <3! Hearing how moar and moar MMO communities out there are so toxic and ignore the common new player...and WE are being known as being "Different!". Word is spreading! <3!

And for the record 56K Dial up was Awesome for playing PSO during hurricanes!....Unless our power got knocked out lol!

Last edited:
Back