Always wanted to play this game!

MosImba

Guildcard
As the title says, I always wanted to play this game ever since I saw it come out on the Dreamcast. "This could be my version of .hack//SIGN" I told myself. Unfortunately-like a lot of people-I was broke. My family couldn't afford a lot, so PSO just became a memory then PSU shortly after. I was living in Japan when I went to the Tokyo Game Show in 2011 and saw the PSO2 booths and that reminded me of PSO all over again. A few months later, installed it, but didn't know anything about the game so I uninstalled it. I tried a few more times recently but haven't seen a lot of players, so I went to PSO2. I still play PSO2 every now and then but I want to get into PSO: a game I always wanted to play as a child. I want to learn the game, meet new people, and play with others. I dumped what little I know of the game out of my head so I can experience this game as fresh as I possibly can. This server is huge for a private server and don't get me wrong, this is no small feat! Reading some of the forum topics on here I can already tell that this community is very welcoming to not only each other, but to people who have never even played PSO before. I want to be apart of this!

TL;DR: I want to experience the game I never had a chance to experience before and learn the ropes of it!

Thank you all for reading and see you in-game!

*POUNCES Moslmba-san warmly!* Funny you say that...have heard quite a few other 'new' players say the Same thing! When Dreamcast went online with PSO, think they were charging headlong into a new gaming venue. So to just about everyone it was vexing to find out as a kid you 'NEEDED a 'modem'..."wtf is a 56K modem?" and the answer at the new game stores popping up everywhere was "Sorry, we're out". Then when you finally get it all together, hook everything up to your telephone lines, plop your happy excited lil' ass down and watch with wide eyed amazement as the Dreamcast swirl welcomes you to a whole new....w....wait...WTF is 'Hunters License'??... "MOOOOM!!! I Need a credit card!".... Yup....a whole new world...A Whole New World of...DNS numbers...DSL Speeds...parents questioning how can a simple game can be costing them a small fortune as they watch in horror as their child get sucked into the WORLD WIDE WEB...And on occasion...Take over the controls...or wait for the child to go to sleep and log on.....X'D!

It Still Geeks mew out how enamored people get with a game that's already 17 years old! Mew is Especially proud we are gaining the reputation for being friendly and encouraging to New players...Reap what you sow...you know? <3 Welcome to your new Home! =3

This game is awesome, it managed to keep me hooked playing solo offline on the GC for maaaaaaany years before I found out that online play:
* was a thing
* that I could do
* for fa-fa-fa-FREE BABY!
Glad to see you found your way here, and can't wait to find you in game. Welcome!

*POUNCES Moslmba-san warmly!* Funny you say that...have heard quite a few other 'new' players say the Same thing! When Dreamcast went online with PSO, think they were charging headlong into a new gaming venue. So to just about everyone it was vexing to find out as a kid you 'NEEDED a 'modem'..."wtf is a 56K modem?" and the answer at the new game stores popping up everywhere was "Sorry, we're out". Then when you finally get it all together, hook everything up to your telephone lines, plop your happy excited lil' ass down and watch with wide eyed amazement as the Dreamcast swirl welcomes you to a whole new....w....wait...WTF is 'Hunters License'??... "MOOOOM!!! I Need a credit card!".... Yup....a whole new world...A Whole New World of...DNS numbers...DSL Speeds...parents questioning how can a simple game can be costing them a small fortune as they watch in horror as their child get sucked into the WORLD WIDE WEB...And on occasion...Take over the controls...or wait for the child to go to sleep and log on.....X'D!

It Still Geeks mew out how enamored people get with a game that's already 17 years old! Mew is Especially proud we are gaining the reputation for being friendly and encouraging to New players...Reap what you sow...you know? <3 Welcome to your new Home! =3
Thank you so much friend! This reminds me of another game I wanted to play as a child: FF11. Ahhh, needing an optical disk drive bigger than your PS2 w/ a 14.99 sub. Yeah my parents said no haha.

This game is awesome, it managed to keep me hooked playing solo offline on the GC for maaaaaaany years before I found out that online play:
* was a thing
* that I could do
* for fa-fa-fa-FREE BABY!
Glad to see you found your way here, and can't wait to find you in game. Welcome!
Did someone say free?! Yeah, I can't wait to jump in and play with other people! That's all I wanna do right now, so freaking bad! you know what, jumping off the forums and gonna play. Also on your Team now :^)

Did someone say free?! Yeah, I can't wait to jump in and play with other people! That's all I wanna do right now, so freaking bad! you know what, jumping off the forums and gonna play. Also on your Team now :^)
YES! Welcome to Monolith, let's get some blood on those weapons and some loot in your bank!!

Welcome to Ephinea! As a fairly new member myself I have been impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone is here, I'm sure you'll have a blast
H.....Heeeey....has mew even pounced Jared-san yet? Or is she still waiting to spot you? Hmmmm? >=3

Also new here, and I have got to say that this is a great place to come to find new friends, new experiences, and addictions. I have been clocking quite the hours trying to catch up to where I left off on GC from back in the day. I'm so glad that this server keeps it true to the vanilla side of things and only modifies things that were glaring issues (oversights on segas part).

The community is great, I have yet to have a bad experience. The Veterans definitely spoil the newbies a bit, so if you really want to experience the game, try not to accept many freebies, unless they are tokens of friendship. There's really two different games in one with PSO. The early game is hard, as you are trying to learn how to hunt and explore, learning new things as your crawl through the environments. However, it's not easy, and often you find yourself needing more equipment to take on the next threat. Around level 40 or so, this becomes extremely apparent. Just remember, teamwork makes dreams work. Then, you find yourself in ultimate, where the shinies start to appear, you get to trade your hard earned rewards to others for class specific items that you will find useful. Eventually leading to a toybox stuffed to the brim, too which you want to bless others with your rewards. :)

Hope your stay is as good as mine has been so far. I love this game, and this server is amazing.
Welcome Home! As they say. :)

Also new here, and I have got to say that this is a great place to come to find new friends, new experiences, and addictions. I have been clocking quite the hours trying to catch up to where I left off on GC from back in the day. I'm so glad that this server keeps it true to the vanilla side of things and only modifies things that were glaring issues (oversights on segas part).

The community is great, I have yet to have a bad experience. The Veterans definitely spoil the newbies a bit, so if you really want to experience the game, try not to accept many freebies, unless they are tokens of friendship. There's really two different games in one with PSO. The early game is hard, as you are trying to learn how to hunt and explore, learning new things as your crawl through the environments. However, it's not easy, and often you find yourself needing more equipment to take on the next threat. Around level 40 or so, this becomes extremely apparent. Just remember, teamwork makes dreams work. Then, you find yourself in ultimate, where the shinies start to appear, you get to trade your hard earned rewards to others for class specific items that you will find useful. Eventually leading to a toybox stuffed to the brim, too which you want to bless others with your rewards. :)

Hope your stay is as good as mine has been so far. I love this game, and this server is amazing.
Welcome Home! As they say. :)
*Applauds!* =3

Back