Advice on what to hunt for please.

pirateradio

Guildcard
TLDR: What should I hunt for on a 115 Skyly HUcast, 112 Oran HUnewearl, 112 Yellow FOnewm & 101 Red RAcast? Which quests are best?

Hi, I've been playing on this server for a little while now and I have four characters that are starting to get a foothold in Ultimate.

I have a 115 Skyly HUcast, 112 Oran HUnewearl, 112 Yellow FOnewm & 101 Red RAcast.

I have some decent equips like v101, v801, various god units, some heavenly/units, centurion ability, Flame garment, Black Hound Cuirass, Kasami bracer, Mother Garb, Ranger wall, Froozer, Spread Needle, CVulcs, 15h Red Sword, Summit moon & a set of Elemental Wands.

Looking to get Yas 9k, Excal, Sorceror's cane and maybe another Centurion/ability as equips as soon as I can.

My HUcast has maxed out all but luck materials. The others are still working on maxing out on mats.

Right now on the HUcast I mostly hunt Red Swords & Lames doing EN2 and Claire's Deal runs. On the HUnewearl I've mostly hunted SoF doing WoL2 runs. On the FOnewm I've done mostly Claire's Deal/Warrior's Pride hunting for v101. Not sure what to hunt for at the moment on the RAcast. Was mostly just doing EN1 for a chance at MSI & DoB until 101.

My questions are: what if anything else should I hunt for at this time? Are there more effective ways to hunt the things I'm hunting at my current levels? At what level should I start adding other hunts to the mix? What should I look to hunt for in the future? What other equips should I be shooting for?

I'm looking to get involved in HBR this month also now that I have some decently leveled chars.

I would like to do PoD runs on the HUcast at some point and hunt for SJS when I get appropriately leveled. Maybe hunting Heaven Punisher might be an option soonish? On the HUney thinking maybe adding Aura Field hunts and eventually Pwand from Gibbles. Eventually will want to do HS hunts on RAcast. Maybe spread needles, Flowen's 3084 on the FOnewm?

I can do most of the solo-mode quests now but soloing most of the multi ones is still out of reach for the most part.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
A lot of the items can be obtained with much less effort if you trade or play with others. I don't know what your thoughts are on this.

You've gotten or listed most of the crucial items already. Here are some more recommendations to add to your list. Not every single notable item is listed here, just the more crucial ones or commonly suggested ones:
  • Smartlink
  • Glide Divine
  • Striker of Chao
  • Magical Piece
  • Technique Merges
  • V502
  • S-Rank Weapons
  • Twin Blaze
  • S-Red's Blade
  • Nonrare utility weapons (Hell/Demon's/Arrest on Raygun/Laser) with high hit
  • Nonrare direct damage weapons (Charge Diskas, Charge Raygun, Charge Arms) with high hit
  • Last Swan is a decent alternative to Charge Raygun for female classes
  • Sacrificial Sword/Partisans (Vjaya/Flowen's/Zanba/Yunchang/Charge Calibur) with high hit
As you said you find you cannot clear multiplayer quests efficiently currently. That's kind of where potential improvements are: some multiplayer quests are better for certain hunts. As mentioned before if you can find a party to clear it with, you'll have an easier time. But in case you want to solo them, you just have to level more and/or get more gear.

Last I'll list some potential things you can hunt for with your current IDs.
  • For Skyly, there are two decent drops in Spaceship: Guren and Daylight Scar. SJS drops in Tower along with an MKB side drop. Zanba, Twin Blaze along with Brightness Circle drops in Seabed, although other IDs are generally considered to be better for Seabed. In Crater you can get Lame/Shouren/Girasole. Some people run TTF on this ID in hope of high hit Caliburs.
  • For Oran, there are three items I'm particularly interested in on this ID, which are: Slicer of Fanatic, Psycho Wand, Daylight Scar. It's the best ID for solely hunting these items, although some other IDs have great hunts which includes these as side drops.
  • For Yellowboze, personally I think it has good drops but they're kind of spread out. The hunts I would be more interested in would be Flowen's from Temple and Cannon Rouge/V101/Girasole in Crater. It has the best Addslot hunt in VH through the quest Forsaken Friend, although you could also get lots of them through events.
  • For Redria, it has one of the best Desert hunts consisting of Heaven Striker, Slicer of Fanatic, and Diska of Braveman. Its Seabed is pretty great with MKB/Yunchang. V502 drops on this ID although I consider the Whitill hunt to be better. It's the best ID for obtaining Lavis Cannon, despite the shortcomings of that weapon, and despite the high chance of getting A Beast % through this hunt. TTF on this ID drops a variety of good E1 items if you take out the corresponding enemies. In case you don't have enough /Arm unit just yet, you can hunt God/Arm with it in VH.
This is not comprehensive but hopefully it's good enough as a place to start.

Back