Adept-less plan for FOnewm?

Guildcard
I've seen the plans on the wiki and, while the min-max ones look good, I wonder if there's a good plan to avoid having to use Adept while still being able to max POW/MST/ATA (and have as much LCK as possible). I'm not motivated to calculate it myself right now, so are there any preexisting plans for this?

(in case it's not clear, the reason not have Adept equipped is so you can have V801, V101, V502 and Smartlink on at all times)

There is no way to do what you're asking, Newman stat growth is horrifically bad that FOnewm (and FOnewearl) require a stat unit to be able to max ATP, MST and ATA all at once.

The min-max plan factors in the need for V502, and recommends a 5/93/101/1 for that usage, as you will generally not be using techniques for offensive use in Episode 2 due to the high resistances there. With this mag and the min-max plan, you will be 100 MST off maxing, with max ATP and ATA, and when you do need max ATP/MST/ATA, you are generally not doing something that requires V502, so you use Adept instead.

There is no way to do what you're asking, Newman stat growth is horrifically bad that FOnewm (and FOnewearl) require a stat unit to be able to max ATP, MST and ATA all at once.

The min-max plan factors in the need for V502, and recommends a 5/93/101/1 for that usage, as you will generally not be using techniques for offensive use in Episode 2 due to the high resistances there. With this mag and the min-max plan, you will be 100 MST off maxing, with max ATP and ATA, and when you do need max ATP/MST/ATA, you are generally not doing something that requires V502, so you use Adept instead.
Ah, I was afraid of that.

Yeah, there are cases where you'd want both, like paralyzing Dorphons with Holy Ray in-between nuking in Ep. IV, but I guess Santa Claus isn't real.

The 101 Dex covers what APPEARS to be a 51 ATA gap because v101 is actually raising ATA by 1.5 (rather than 1), correct?

Yeah, that's right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ade
Yeah, there are cases where you'd want both, like paralyzing Dorphons with Holy Ray in-between nuking in Ep. IV, but I guess Santa Claus isn't real.

Essentially you need to either mag or unit swap. Swapping Smartlink for V502 is something you can get away with, although I think the mag swap is much easier and far superior.

If your main example is for EP4 nuking+arrest, here's an example where with 140 Mind Mats and 10 Def Mats, you can max ATA, MST, DFP, and have enough ATP for Slicer of Fanatic with a single mag. No Adept required. So this mag can be used for pure nuking and nuking+demons, and you can also equip V101, Smartlink, V502 if you really wanted them. This mag is also level 195. I think I put 3 extra mag levels in DEX just in case I ever wanted to demons something and forgot V101.

However this mag doesn't provide 800+ ATP, so you'd still need a mag for pure melee (Excal, ES weapons, anywhere you're not actually using offensive techs such as EP2). Same plan, but different mag.

You should really double check these plans in sandbox because I rushed. I know someone posted a plan somewhere that has max ATP, ATA, and LCK for FOnewm ep2 and then almost pure mind mag for nuking, but the nuking mag doesn't have max ATA so you still need to mag swap.

Last edited:
Back