Adding More Symbol Chat Slots

Straycat

Guildcard
Symbol Chat is one of the best things about PSO... I love this feature and I find myself always using symbols while on PSO (maybe a bit too much, haha), but 12 slots just isn't enough IMO. So my suggestion is to add more slots. Maybe up it to 18 or 24?

I remember there was talk of how easy it would be to edit the client to increase the limit on inventory and bank space. Surely adding more SC slots would be just as easy, if not easier?

I've remade like 20 symbols from old Scht and there's some nice symbols from the Ephinea community, but being limited to 12 slots really sucks.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I remember there was talk of how easy it would be to edit the client to increase the limit on inventory and bank space. Surely adding more SC slots would be just as easy, if not easier?
This is actually the opposite (or well, I'd like to see that convo).
Maybe you were reading about adding extra banks (which is quite different).

Anyway, items (inv and bank) as well as symbol chats are part of the character data, so adding more would imply having to change the size of that stuff and it's definitely not that easy.

However, like banks, it would probably be quite easy to add more symbol chat "banks" or "pages"? in this case.
I'd do this locally instead of server side so they can be shared/edited/backed up.

I might actually work on this myself.

This is actually the opposite (or well, I'd like to see that convo).
Maybe you were reading about adding extra banks (which is quite different).
I don't have the convo, but I think I remember Tofuman telling Matt that increasing limits such as inventory & bank space was not hard to do. That's what I was told, anyway. I could be remembering it wrong of course... as this was like 6 months ago.

Oh well... I'd personally still do as I suggested as long as it works as I am now thinking of a few possible issues (not about security but about sending them to others and updating the data server side).

Another thing this would enable (provided someone makes an editor, hint: I kinda want to), is to easily add some "text emojis" like flipping tables and stuff.

Dreamcast has 15 pages; Sega increased the limit to 30 pages in GameCube. The reason Schthack implemented a 15 page limit is that he didn't know about that, so he used the DC page limit. ;)

Reactions: Mad
Back