Adding items?

I second this. I'd like to know how I can create new items. I understand how to modify existing items, but I really like the items in the game, and I'd rather not overwrite them.

You have to make edits to the client itself, which is painstaking. There is no easymode tool for it as far as I know.

Thanks for the quick reply. That does sound painstaking. I do have a great tool to edit the clients though because I was changing the max stats for some characters while playing around.

Besides editing certain values in the client, you will also need a tool to edit the PMT.
Also if you are using Tethealla, a way to export the items into the ini files (or adding them by hand).

There are a bunch of editors (at least 3, that I know of. Lee's, Tofuman's and my own) but none have a public version that lets you add items.

I did release the structure of the pmt and post it publicly here. Soly was able to work with it to make his own utility. Making such a util takes alot of effort and somewhat brings unique features to servers. Which is why you wont find a util to do it for you. I don't mind giving pointers if you decide you want to make your own though.

Else there are a few unused items in the pmt that you could use. Such as 00d000 and 00d100. You will need to remove the block Sega placed on the exe to disable this items but I'm sure that's been posted here somewhere too.

Back