Absolute Newby

Toon!

Hiya! I'm Toon, and I'm an absolute newby!

I've never played a Fantasy Star Online game, admittedly, I was just never 'of the era', and never got my hands of the GameCube game. I've been reading a lot about, and watching a lot of videos about the Dreamcast, and the sort of cult-following it has today. I never owned one, but I, as of late, have been desperately wanting to get into the console and it's library of classics. While the money isn't quite right at the moment, for a Dreamcast and the required accessories, I knew there were means of playing Fantasy Star Online on a computer. It's nice that I've been playing a lot of classic JRPG's recently as well, so I finally decided to get involved with the game and its community, so, here we are.

After some scrolling through some top forums, this community seems very welcoming and helpful, so I appreciate all that bare with me through learning this game. I haven't actually began playing just yet, though, I plan to pick it up in the next day or so.

Thank you! I look forward to playing the game.

Hello! This server and Ultima are the most active PSO servers in general, so you've made a great choice coming here. You'll always find someone to play with while you're with us.

If you're looking for a class to start with and can't figure out what you want, pick the RAmar. He has a good balance of attack power and accuracy, making him quite powerful. He can also heal himself with healing spells and can cast mid-level buffs on himself and others. He has access to a powerful arrange of guns, which is a big boon to pros and newbies alike. The basic weapons of a good RAmar (and all Rangers really) are also very cheap to get, so you can catch up with the high level max gear guys fairly early compared to Hunters.

The RAmarl is also a solid choice, but she leans a little bit more towards support than the RAmar does with stronger buffs and access to debuffs. She also suffers in attack power and has a tiny bit less accuracy compared to the RAmar.

And don't forget to feed your Mag! The stat boosts it gives are quite handy.

Enjoy PSO!

Last edited:
Oh. My. God. I never thought I'd see the day. You're just like me when I joined Ephinea! I'm not an expert myself, but if I can do something to help you can count on me. Welcome aboard!

Aaaaalso, is that Tressa from Octopath Traveler I see in your avatar? I like your tastes.

*notices the ultra newbie spelling it "Fantasy"*
Hello!! Oh dear.. does Mayu wish she was you in a way... the nostalgia of FIRST playing Pso. FUN. n.n

Anyway, you chose a great place to get started as many of us in the community come to be very helpful and are mostly skilled/veteran players from old servers. So if you have any questions or need any assistance, SHOUT!~ someone will hear you..

Welcome to Ephinea, love. n.n
Enjoy your stay and enjoy your experience and await the nostalgia storm in a few years. ;)

Hiya! I'm Toon, and I'm an absolute newby!

I've never played a Fantasy Star Online game, admittedly, I was just never 'of the era', and never got my hands of the GameCube game. I've been reading a lot about, and watching a lot of videos about the Dreamcast, and the sort of cult-following it has today. I never owned one, but I, as of late, have been desperately wanting to get into the console and it's library of classics. While the money isn't quite right at the moment, for a Dreamcast and the required accessories, I knew there were means of playing Fantasy Star Online on a computer. It's nice that I've been playing a lot of classic JRPG's recently as well, so I finally decided to get involved with the game and its community, so, here we are.

After some scrolling through some top forums, this community seems very welcoming and helpful, so I appreciate all that bare with me through learning this game. I haven't actually began playing just yet, though, I plan to pick it up in the next day or so.

Thank you! I look forward to playing the game.
*Pounces and Hugs...then starts TICKLING you with her Fangs out!!* We are NOT A CULT... >=3 *chucks away ball-gag and fuzzy tiger cuffs!* That said....DONT For a SECOND feel at all, apologetic or small for missing out on the consoles dear! Yes, some of us may have been playing PSO since its release 17-odd years ago on ALL platforms...but that won't stop Any of us `Wanting and Enjoying halping you get up to speed and slaughtering ther native wildlife along side the best of us! Looking forward to puncing and playing wiff you too Toonies! Welcome Home! =3

You've come to the right place, There are plenty of Veterans always willing to help. We have a good healthy mix of Veteran players and New players, So you should fit right it, Don't be afraid to ask questions. :3 <3 Good luck.

Welcome to the fold.

One thing you'll notice about this server is everyone is pretty friendly and will be willing to give you advice. All you have to do is ask.

Back