About PSOGC data.

Hi, everyone

I'm trying to gather information about Episode I & II's items, drops and such. What makes it hard is that most PSO sites focus on Blue Burst. So it's kind of hard to tell which information is correct for Episode I & II (especially when different ENG or JP sites have different ATP variable values). What I'd like to do is to get the information directly from the game.

If I'm correct, ItemPMT.prs holds the information about items, this can be decompressed into .bin format.
TextEnglish.p2 holds the English text (hopefully item descriptions), while TextEnglish.p3 includes pointers. I tried Tofuman's tool, but it failed to decompress the file for some reason...

I'm guessing ItemPT.gls hold drop values, and these can be unpacked into .rel files. Not sure what ItemRTT.prs and ItemRT.gls are for, though.

But the problem is, most tools I find are for PSOBB and I'd really like to know if there is any way to export the information into text files.

I know this forum is more about PSOBB, but I figured I'd ask here as there are members who are familiar with this kind of stuff. Also, hoping that Sodaboy adds GameCube support for Ephinea someday. ;)

Thanks in advance.

The GC and BB PMT files are quite similar, but BB has extra settings, such as the Team Points to award for each item, that the GC file doesn't have, so a BB PMT reader will puke on the GC PMT file. There aren't any universal PMT readers yet AFAIK, and the existing readers are either for DC or BB, so GC is out in the cold right now. You can only extract the data by decompressing the PRS file and then using a hex editor to read it.

If the files match those of BB (iirc Soda made stuff out of them, specially ItemRT)...
ItemPT holds common drops for boxes and mosnters, techniques, weapon stuff and ItemRT rare drops, ItemRTT no idea as it's not used on BB.

If you have the file, my drop editor (provided some changes) should be able to load the ItemRT... right now it no longer expects the GC file length.

Thanks Aleron Ives and Soly for replying.

I decided to get the item names and descriptions from the English PSOBB client. To my luck, it seems inside of data.gsl, there is an unitxt_e.prs file that completely omits any Episode 4 information. So, I got all my necessary item names and descriptions from there. While doing this, I noticed that custom clients which use translated unitxt_j.prs file, seems to contain some minor typos (its being it's, missing articles before a word and so on, didn't bother to a massive scale comparing).

For weapon/armor/unit stats, I decided to use Tethealla's INI files. Sadly, I can't figure out which part contains equipment bonuses (e.g. Flowen's Sword + Flowen's Armor + Flowen's Shield bonus, Soul Eater's HP draining).

Soly said:
If the files match those of BB (iirc Soda made stuff out of them, specially ItemRT)...
ItemPT holds common drops for boxes and mosnters, techniques, weapon stuff and ItemRT rare drops, ItemRTT no idea as it's not used on BB.

If you have the file, my drop editor (provided some changes) should be able to load the ItemRT... right now it no longer expects the GC file length.
Well, I could test it out and see if it works. Otherwise, I guess the next best thing are Tethealla's drop files, which hopefully are identical with PSOGC (like the item stats).

Teth ini files, if you talk about the weapon/armor/unit pmt.ini files in the ship, iirc, are just to track down stuff like equip flags.
It's a dump of the itempmt item data, but you would be missing the rest of the stuff, look at lee's pmt editor and the tabs it has. I think you can quickly relate the data in the ini files to some of the tabs in the editor.
As for equip bonuses, no idea if it's even there, some tech bonuses for armors and such are hard-coded in the client? Not sure about this.

For drop comparisons, you can go by hand reading every offset or if you can do, a binary parser to compare the default text drop files and your GC ItemRT. Although I would think soda has the default drops for that.
I could do that for you very quick if I have the file you want to compare, and then give you a "drop editor" for that GC file if you wanted to.

Back