A weapon has disappeared

Ray

Guildcard
Hello everyone.

A lilttle bit earlier I saw Spirit Vulcan 0/0/0/0/55 dropped at MA4A EP2. picked it up, tekked it to 65h and talked to the bank lady.
Then I got disconnected with a message, tried to login again but got the error of 'server full',
I tried again and got connected successfully, but the vulcan is gone forever. I've played on Ephinea for so many years and this is the first time I lost something.
I am not asking to get it back for me (I think the mods do not have to) but may I ask why it happened possibly?
If it is because my connection was unstable at the moment, (which is possible since I was on a kinda unstable public Wi-Fi), I guess I should not play on Ephinea there.

Thanks in advance!

Hard to tell without analysis of the server logs by Ender.

Unless BB changed this practice, the item should have been saved to your character in an untekked status when you reached Pioneer 2. I imagine that some new anti-cheat measures were applied to the Tekker so the server knows what it is supposed to give you. Thus, the disconnect happened sometime between the item being identified successfully and talking to the bank lady. The client then disconnected because it couldn't reach the server or something went wrong.

My best guess is that you desynced prior to picking up the Vulcan.

Reactions: Ray
@Ender May I ask if you could check my logs regarding what happened? (if and only if you have the time for it)

Last edited:
Nothing in the cheat or error logs for you. If you failed to deposit or tek the item, there would be something there. No ships lost connection to the login and the login didn't experience any issues, so there shouldn't have been any issues in saving. The server controls whether you actually pickup the item or not--if you disconnected before picking it up, you can't pick it up because the server never tells your client that you did.

Once it's picked up, your character data is effectively saved if you immediately disconnected. The ship will eventually tell the login to save your data once it recognizes you logged off.

There are no logs for successful tekking. So it seems like one of these happened.
1. You picked it up, tekked it, and somehow dropped it. Not sure how, even if you desynced, the server would have logged an error that you failed to remove an item from your inventory when you dropped it.
2. You never picked it up and ended up tekking something else.
3. Or you're mixing it up with the already tekked 55h Spirit Vulcan in the bank for the character you were playing.

Can't really help further. If you had video recording of this, I'd be interested in seeing it in case there is a desync issue here.

I know that when you tek an item, it shows up on the Floor reader as an item on the floor (with the special and percents of the result, even if you don't say yes). I don't know the technical details behind tekking, but is it possible that something can go wrong in the process of the addition of the tekked item to your inventory? It's tough to tell what just might be jank in the way the Item Reader works vs what is janky in PSO.

Back