A>spirit raygun [0/0/0/30|100] done

Is that one of those fake 72hr countdowns?

You put a countdown of 72 hours, but decided to end the auction after only 24 hours. There's still 47 hours or so left for people to bid.

am i misunderstanding?
72 hours if there are no bids. If there is a bid, isn't it 24 hours from the successful bid time?

am i misunderstanding?
72 hours if there are no bids. If there is a bid, isn't it 24 hours from the successful bid time?
Your countdown begins when the first bid happens, from then there's 72 hours to go till you can close.
If someone bids with 30 hours remaining, then there's still 30 hours to go.
If someone bids with 2 hours remaining, then your reset the timer to 24 hours.

A countdown doesn't mean the time when you cancel your auction, you can do that at any point assuming there is no current valid bid posted.

am i misunderstanding?
I would love to win it so easily, but unfortunately that is not how auctions work.
Your countdown begins when the first bid happens, from then there's 72 hours to go till you can close.
If someone bids with 30 hours remaining, then there's still 30 hours to go.
If someone bids with 2 hours remaining, then your reset the timer to 24 hours.

A countdown doesn't mean the time when you cancel your auction, you can do that at any point assuming there is no current valid bid posted.
As @sam6555 has stated, the countdown of 72 hours starts after my bid.

It is a harmless mistake right now so long as you keep auction going, since I will not accept a trade until auction is officially ended. Ending it early can result in a temp ban from auctions but that is not a threat right now.

And I hope no forum members will give grief to A2S10 for this misunderstanding. Auction is still up.

Winner:Usagi with a bid of 625.

Send me a message either here or on discord なま獣#6985 and we'll set up a trade

Back