A return of sorts

Alex64

This fire burns bright!
Guildcard
Hello everyone, I am Alex64, though you may call me Alex. I suppose I first heard of Phantasy Star Online way back when I was a young lad; I remember hearing about the original version on the Sega Dreamcast, at the very least. My half-brother was the one who properly introduced me to the game, though, as we played through the beginning of Episode I & II via co-op on the GameCube; I believe we both played HUmars and went through the first area of Episode I, fighting the dragon. Though I was captivated, the game was his, and so it was only when he came over that we played it.
Fast-forward a few years later, when I'm surfing the web. I eventually stumble upon the TV Tropes page for Phantasy Star Online, and a wave of nostalgia smacks me in the face as I remember the days playing PSO with my half-brother. So I read on, and...
Oh, the official servers shut down...
Well, that's to be expected. I mean, how old is the game now--
Wait. Wait. WHAT. There's still private servers run by fans?!
Sign me the eff up!!

So that's how I came upon Ephinea. I probably won't play a HUmar as I used to (due to there being classes that can do things better than them), but I probably will be playing PSO when I have the time.

Hello everyone, I am Alex64, though you may call me Alex. I suppose I first heard of Phantasy Star Online way back when I was a young lad; I remember hearing about the original version on the Sega Dreamcast, at the very least. My half-brother was the one who properly introduced me to the game, though, as we played through the beginning of Episode I & II via co-op on the GameCube; I believe we both played HUmars and went through the first area of Episode I, fighting the dragon. Though I was captivated, the game was his, and so it was only when he came over that we played it.
Fast-forward a few years later, when I'm surfing the web. I eventually stumble upon the TV Tropes page for Phantasy Star Online, and a wave of nostalgia smacks me in the face as I remember the days playing PSO with my half-brother. So I read on, and...
Oh, the official servers shut down...
Well, that's to be expected. I mean, how old is the game now--
Wait. Wait. WHAT. There's still private servers run by fans?!
Sign me the eff up!!

So that's how I came upon Ephinea. I probably won't play a HUmar as I used to (due to there being classes that can do things better than them), but I probably will be playing PSO when I have the time.
Welcome Home Alex-san! Pso Nostalgia is a lot like first getting in a fancy car and the smell of Leather just Wafts over you and cradles you! It's like Ahhhhh.... =3

Welcome on Ephinea Alex. Hope you'll have at least as much fun discovering the online part of the game as I had since the last weeks. This game is truly a gem and both Ephinea's staff and community makes it even better! See ya soon on the ship. ;)

Back