A>Neis Claw 0/0/0/20(CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules for Buyers
No retracting if you're the current highest bidder (CHB).No PM bids.Failure to comply with these rules will result in a suspension from the Auction forums temporarily. Further infractions will result in a permanent ban from the Auction forums.

Pretty sure you can't retract a bid and whoever is stuck paying what the 500+ they posted

GG this item sucks but huney said 315 and someone else said 500 so you could technically bind them to it

well the person who bid 500 retracted and (according to your quote) should receive a suspension, not be bound to paying for the item. as far as Lepvelx, if they choose to retract the 315 bid and also take a suspension, the original bid by tenyo was 200 PDs; it only reached 250 after a bidding war. but let's leave it up to the moderators to decide/handle this mess

well the person who bid 500 retracted and (according to your quote) should receive a suspension, not be bound to paying for the item. as far as Lepvelx, if they choose to retract the 315 bid and also take a suspension, the original bid by tenyo was 200 PDs; it only reached 250 after a bidding war. but let's leave it up to the moderators to decide/handle this mess
I'm by no means deciding how it should be handled

But if this is allowed it feels like we can just run up the value of x item in auction then back out if no one outbids and nothing happens?

Seems wrong

This sort of thing never happens, typically. Officially, lep would've been able to retract theirs, as they weren't top bidder. But because ala did so first (which was the 'illegal' move) I'm unsure if it would officially make Lep the top big bidder, but considering both are receiving temp bans, that's how it was taken.
I doubt people would abuse this considering the importance of the auction house when it comes to endgame gear. But if enough people did, the temp ban would potentially be reconsidered and removed. At least, I feel that's how it'd go down.

But if this is allowed it feels like we can just run up the value of x item in auction then back out if no one outbids and nothing happens?

that was my point of going back to the original bid before the bid war happened which was 200 PDs, it shouldn't be 250 PDs is all i'm saying. would be unfair to tenyo*

Last edited:
idk a whole lot about this but i do know i didnt accept that rediculous bid right away because for one i had no idea what it was worth for 2 they offerd a whole bunch of stuff i didnt want and or ask for and they never contacted me anywhere about that offer..thats when they said they retracted there offer i knew this was gona go south and it all comes down to people throwing there bank at an item why they couldnt just say this isnt worth over 200 im out is beyond me...

No retracting if you're the current highest bidder (CHB).

id say if you want to run an honest server this clearly BOLD line should come into play here if thats the case ill take that offer or ill take the 200 idc at this point i realy dont but i am interested to see how the mods handle there server when such a problem arises because i do love it here and dont plan on quitting any time soon

either way this acution would be over in a couple hours so if a mod or someone repable could tell me who actualy won this thing id appreciat it

Last edited:
I wouldn't call the next closest bid the de-facto CHB in regards to being bound to the rules. There are many ways a bad auction can go down, times when leaving the current bid chain is unfair, times when redoing the auction is unfair, and if you count both seller and bidder one of them will always get the short end of the stick by nature. In this situation Tenyo could claim, and I wouldn't blame him if he did that he entered a bid war with a person that had at least one friend committing their own assets for them to win. Now there's a chance neither of them would participate in a runback, and there's also a chance the original bid war was secretly fueled by outside assets that might not be available a second time.

Long story short you can't simply reverse a bid chain and expect purely fair results, even when the first retraction didn't interfere with the original bid war there can be extraneous factors outside the pure bids that a bidder could claim unfairly racked up the original price. If the first and best line of defense is following the rules, then enforcement is obviously key.

Personally I think both the de-facto highest bidder, and seller deserve some freedom of choice here to either sell or get out. What if everyone retracts their bid and an item sells for peanuts? You can't build and if-then rule system anyone can agree on.

Wasn’t the 235 bid still valid? If they are not counting any lepvelx bids I’m sure tenyo wouldn’t have bid 200pd initially. Like death just got screwed over in the end because people are not serious and childish about auctions.

right but there is another problem so say this ends up "selling for 150 or 200" by what ur saying all these people retracting there bids then what if someone else would have bid on that low of a price but didnt thinking the CHB was 300 or 500 or whatever for the last 12 hours. i mean its just a mess at this point ill c what mods say im half tempted to just say close the auction ill keep it idk well c what mods say to me

I would keep it tbh. Me personally I would. I don’t think you’ll want to reauction either and if lepvelx and company get to retract wouldn’t be fair for tenyo to pay all that he was baited on. Unless he’s ok with it but get with him first.

Thread closed as well.

@Deathswsay, since your auction was subject to a bunch of rulebreaking, if you want to keep the item, you won't be penalized for it. If you and @Tenyo2 agree to the bid he posted, that's also fine. That said, Tenyo's bid was made before the thread-muddying happened, so it's perfectly valid and wasn't a "bait". The only "invalid" part of the bid is that it shouldn't have been the CHB at the end of the auction. If he doesn't want to pay for it, given that he lost CHB status, that's fine, too.

@Alakaboom's bid was never acknowledged or valued by the seller, either, so that's a further complication.

Reminder to people posting in this thread about a supposed lack of moderation: staff members not publicly posting about users being awful or whatever doesn't mean we're not moderating. That said, I definitely should've posted something like this before this auction ended, when I'd cleaned up the thread and taken care of everything. This is a little bit unprecedented. That's my bad.

Also a reminder to not do shit like this in auctions. Thanks.

TL;DR: @Lestat13's post is right, the seller and de facto CHB holder are basically free to do whatever they want, given what happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back