903 patch server connection failed

savageanimal

Hi just downloaded and installed the game but I cannot connect to the server. I'm running the game on windows 10, I have the game setup in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, am running as administrator, and have the game folder whitelisted with my antivirus.

Update 1: disabling windows firewall/resetting router didn't help. When I click patch download or start game I get Current Status/All Status for about 30 secs then 903 error.

Update 2: Tried flushdns and manually changing dns servers didn't work.

Update 3: Tried reinstalling and I can't get it to open in windowed and fullscreen leads to a black screen that forces me to reboot my pc.

Update 4: fixed the window issue, but reinstalling did not help my connection issue

Update 5: there were options to turn off the IPv4 and IPv6 firewalls off in my router and tried that but it didn't work :(

Last edited:
Does it say "DLL ERROR" in the bottom left of the login screen when you launch the game? Reading is hard.

What do you mean when you say "doesn't work in windowed"? Does the game open and close immediately? If so, change the resolution settings in the launcher until you find one that works.

I meant to put in that is says "Ephinea 1.8.5" in the bottom left of the screen. Also my antivirus shows the game as a secure connection. Also, I fixed the issue with windowed mode.

I meant to put in that is says "Ephinea 1.8.5" in the bottom left of the screen. Also my antivirus shows the game as a secure connection. Also, I fixed the issue with windowed mode.
So is it working now?

Are you on a wireless or bad connection?
Speaking from personal annoyances having a bad connection will make it difficult to log in.

If it still doesn't work try turning off your antivirus completely and see if it works? Sometimes antivirus likes to lie about what it's doing :rolleyes:

Are you on a wireless or bad connection?
Speaking from personal annoyances having a bad connection will make it difficult to log in.

If it still doesn't work try turning off your antivirus completely and see if it works? Sometimes antivirus likes to lie about what it's doing :rolleyes:

I'm on a wired connection and have zero issues playing online games (overwatch/GTA). I tried completely disabling my antivirus and I still can't connect. It's weird cause I can see the connection in my antivirus and it's not throwing up any red flags.

Only thing left I can think of is to disable the compatibility settings.
I have W10 too and it runs fine for me :s

Only thing left I can think of is to disable the compatibility settings.
I have W10 too and it runs fine for me :s
Yeah I think it may be the compatibility settings, it sucks because I put hundreds of hours into PSO Episodes 1&2 back in the day but I've never played Blue Burst and was excited to try it :(

Tried again today and still the same problem, saw some older posts of people experiencing this same type of persistent error and they were not able to fix it either. Guess I'm just S.O.L. Maybe I'll try a different server but idk.

Not having direct access to your computer certainly makes things tricky for weird cases like this :confused:
Hopefully someone knows something we missed and can offer some advice.
Sorry it hasn't worked for you :(

Not having direct access to your computer certainly makes things tricky for weird cases like this :confused:
Hopefully someone knows something we missed and can offer some advice.
Sorry it hasn't worked for you :(

Yeah tech problems are always frustrating I appreciate the help.

Back