2-Day WB Guide from stuff I remember.. (how game works)

Banarak

Joined, couldn't get it to run on Win10 - wanting to play this in HC for a week, I wiped it all for Win7. Had a blast so far, I missed this game. I started writing up some notes for the few people I played with, I'm sure most already know, but this makes a great kinda intro or basic guide for 2019. It ate some of my formatting, and I'll add to it in the future - but feel free to comment more known or unknown facts or links.
** Shoutout to poopoo for a plevel when it mattered.

Tips and Tricks (Engine information)

Combat:

Regarding Standard, Power and Special attacks:

Every weapon attack can work on a 3-hit combo if you time it right.
Quick is a low frame, quick attack for normal damage.
Heavy is a high frame, slow attack for additional damage, crit chance, and ATA(Accuracy) loss .
Special is a high frame, slow attack for standard damage, with ATA loss, and a chance to pop the proc. (Test:One Player mode on Ephiniea increases chance?)
The Standard attacks for most average characters is Q-Q-H or Q-H-H. As a RaMar, I can do H-H-H near nonstop, with a 1-2% chance of "miss" when against near equal enemy levels.
As a base, the "combo" is 100%-115%-130% ATA. A heavy attack I think is -20% ATA, with +50% damage... so in these combos, you can do the highest damage with the best chance to hit. I could have these numbers off (it's been years) and I don't know how this server may modify that, but it appears to still be almost the exact same.

Regarding Survival (don't die) - Important in HC mode

You can get better gear, xp, meseta, spells if you go up an area if you are comfortable. Stick to 1-2-3 zones, don't hit the boss unless your sure or OP.
* I really don't like caves in Ep1 - I usually skip em.
* Example: F1 (x5), F2 (x5), Mech1 (x?), Ruins1 (x?), then go hard mode around 35, and repeat. If you can easily kill, go up or go further.
* Don't trust warping to a boss though. They can hit really, really hard, especially if your resists and defense isin't good.
You can usually run out the door to reset enemy aggro and buy yourself time to heal, buff and stay up. Exploit this - but not so important when grouping.
* If soloing HC, this is a lot of your bread and butter. Same for standard mode but fighting very hard mobs.
Be wary of portals - some do trap you away from the exit back, boss fights will lock you inside. (Use Quit or /lobby?)
Be wary of Bosses - same reason, lock out. Drops are different where you are if you don't know, but your better off jumping areas and difficulties then fighting through a full run.

Regarding Maps + Mobs

In the old game, you would have 2-3 variants of each "zone" you could go through. Forest1 could be 1 of 3 set "maps", Ruins2 1 of 3, etc. You can memorize placements of mobs and chests.
This does not appear to be changed. Even Ep2+Ep4 use the same logic. I wish I played more 2+4 back in the day. :D
Understand which mobs do what attacks - and how they are cast and function. You can dodge more then you think by moving.
Of course, each mob has it's own loot table, with it's own chances for a certain item, all also modified by your section ID. (Which is based on your name)
Every map has different numbers of different mobs - if your farming drops, look into quests as some can give you a TON more chances.

Regarding Progression

Don't forget to feed your MAG. You can get more fresh mags to drop, so min/max what your feeding them for max stat.
You can "overequip" spells and gear and still use them, by doing that with a configured mag equipped, stash mag, and it's useable till you change it.
Cheeze the shops - you can enter a game, check shops, buy whatever, quit and do another, and new items will appear for your level/class.
Keep an eye on your lucky stat: type "/luck" or "/forecast" to know days that are worth dumping extra time into playing.
If you are powerleveled, check shops, run first rooms and loot - catch up to where you "should" be. Spells take particularry long to gear up with.
KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR RESISTS. Flip the gear page when looking at Armor/Shields, the base 4 Fire/Ice/Elec/? are more important then Dark/Light, but you want all
* These can really make a difference in where is easier to fight... You want resist in an area, and your weapon should have the same +% mod.

Thanks, and I'll add more.
Banarak

Edit: Clarification, more info, etc.

Last edited:
Back