Option.EXE (Fix did not work for me)

Xentra

I tried the fix if no resolution appears inside options.exe, I set compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and checked "Run as Administrator. However, whenever I try to launch options.exe it crashes immediately and I cannot use any of the advanced settings. I also tried to put an exception in Windows Defender on options.exe but no luck. There is a chance I may have done the exception thing incorrectly, so if anyone could tell me how to properly do that, it would be appreciated.

Is there any thing else I can try to get this to work? I'm running Windows 10.

Have you tried running online.exe and changing the options from there? I'm not sure if running options.exe directly is the right way to change things.

Actually thats what I did do the first time. When I got to "More" there is no resolution in the options and it will not let me save any changes.

Did you run the .reg file in the PSO folder? I forget the specifics since it's been a while, but pretty sure that fixes the issue.

No, havent tried that, let me give it a shot.

(UPDATE): Just ran the regedit. However, when I still go to "More" there is still no resolution listed in those options. It wont let me high end graphics, or or anything due to this.

Do you know if I have to edit the registry in some way for that to appear?

Last edited:
Yes color depth is at 32-bit, just checked.

Im running it on a laptop and I've heard there is a lot of compatibility issues with the display settings. Unfortunately I don't have enough prowess to really figure out what the issue is.

Tried also changing my computers display resolution to see if that would do anything, but no luck.

Last edited:
Apologies for the bump. Having this exact same issue. No resolution is listed in "More" so I can't save changes.

My brother is also running this on a laptop but has no such issue.

However, I believe it was a Matt(?)/the Matt(?) in another thread that said to tweak the .reg file so now I can at least save my username on startup, so thanks!

Is there any way to edit the registry so that it saves my password and username so I don't have to re-enter it every time I run the game? I've tried just dealing with it, but having to enter this every time I need to switch characters is frustrating.

Last edited:
Back