Gear check/hunt recommendations?

GIleo

Guildcard
Hey all,

The Xmas event got me excited about picking up the game again and I have a few questions for my RAmarl. I feel like at her level, she should be doing a lot more damage, so I could use some advice as to what to try to hunt for have more of an impact during solo games or group games. Outside of using the rest of my mats (which I realize adds something like another 150 power), any ideas of what to hunt as a Yellowboze?

Edit: Normally helps when I give the level. 138

Spread Needle +40 (0s)
Frozen Shooter (0/20/30/20)
Hell Raygun (0/0/0/0/50)
Demons Laser (0/0/0/0/50)
Charge Vulcan (0/5/0/0/45)
Charge Gungnir (0/0/0/0/50)
Baranz Launcher +30 (0s)
Heaven Striker +20 (0s)

Luminous Field
Heavenly/Battle

Spiritual Shield (haven't had a solid shield rare drop yet)

Diwari (5/145/50/0)

I figured now with the drop rates going up now is the perfect time to hunt stuff, or use a few PDs to pick up a few items to help out. My initial thought is get the Heaven Striker mag but I may be WAY off. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
The first thing you should get is a Ranger Wall from Gallon's Shop. It's arguably the 2nd best Shield in the game since it gives +20 ATA and it even goes "over" your max stats (so it's basically +20 Hit to all your weapons).

Play minigames until you have between 301 and 310 points, then Gallon will offer a "?????". Buy that and ta-daaaa, you just got a lot stronger. I recommend the button mashing minigame. This will take you only around 20 minutes.

That should actually help with landing specials! I'll give that a shot to see how much it helps. Need a rare shield anyway

Yellowboze is pretty good for fiasco ep1. V101 drops from baranz and lame drops from Sinow Blue.

Depending on what your atp is atm, ramarls do not a lot of damage to say the least, even with atp cap. Demon special works wonders though since the reduce the enemy to 25% of their originale HP. The thing I am missing in your inventory is a charge arms with 50 hit. Spread needle is a hassle in group games and I would drop that one because of the damage cancelation it causes. I can sell you a charge arms though for a pd once I am online

Last edited:
Sounds like I may need to make a RAcast then for power on the next xp week. Yeah, I'll happily grab the charge arms off ya. I'll be on and off through most of the day so I'm sure I'll catch ya

Sounds like I may need to make a RAcast then for power on the next xp week. Yeah, I'll happily grab the charge arms off ya. I'll be on and off through most of the day so I'm sure I'll catch ya
A heaven striker mag is something I would not advice btw. Heaven Punishment is an attack that also causes a lot of Damage Cancelation.

RAmarl ATP isn't the handicap it seems to be if you hit max ATP. With 20 Shifta you have 1573 at max ATP, which is very workable, especially if you use Zalure 20. I don't feel outgunned when I have RAcasts and HUcasts in my team, and still make big contributions to crowd control with Charge Arms/Baranz Launcher and picking off single strong enemies with Charge Vulcans.

I keep my Demon's weps with me, but I only really use them for Epsilon, large Dorphon groups, or maybe Gibbles and tower Meris if I remember to kill them with the Demon's Mechguns instead of defaulting to C Vulcs (which I usually don't). Demon's Needle is great for soloing or when you need to take down a group of enemies that are too close to use your Shots on, but it's not the end-all weapon once you hit max ATP and get Shifta 20 going.

S ranks are the eventual dream, working my way there. I think I need another sac weapon until I can get some hit on the Baranz launcher, so charge arms are the way to go. That should get me enough until I can finish out power mats and max out ATP. Thanks for the advice.

I think once I get the Charge Arms, then the goal is farm presents to get value weapons to trade for mats/S Ranks. And eventually V502 and try to get a hell needle.

I'd get demons needle before hell. Hell only really cleans up in ep2, in 1 and 4 its rather meh. Granted yeah hell is very good there.

Truth be told the only characters who have actual atp issues in the long run IMO are Fomarl, Fonewn, and Foney. But even they can do some things atp wise (well 2 of them can for the most part, but Foney has to be a bit creative). In general though demon's is a good way for all of the characters to sort of break even.

Ramarl when solo does sort of needs around 1100 atp to start really feeling the love from shifta 20 though (vs the around 900 or so to feel it from shifta 30). This is keeping in mind zalure being on of course. So I can understand the troubles of starting solo with her.

def start with demons. that plus a baranz, charge vulcs, froze and rifle of some sort, and youre marginally useful in almost all content beyond the real hell heavy ep2 stuff. the sranks hurt pd wise, but the rest of that stuff you can get for a song or even free.

Back