Lose connection to the server starting boss fights.

TsugaruMJS

No D/C no problem
Hey everyone, it's your favorite serial D/Cer! I just want to see if anyone I haven't already talked to, especially Mac players, have any ideas about what's going on here, as I cannot seem to figure out the issue...

I am running the game on my MacBook (harhar Apple sucks PC master race git gud asshole) using Wine and PlayOnMac. MacOS X 10.13.5.

Everything works perfectly fine, except I D/C about 50% of the time when loading into bosses. I lose connection to the server. It does the thing where after the opening cutscene, My character is just standing still, unable to move, though I can still bring up the menu to quit the game, etc.

What makes this curious to me, though, are the following criteria:

1. This ONLY happens at bosses, and very rarely when someone joins my game.

2. I have noticed that I only D/C from bosses when playing with certain people. I have run TTF 4 times in a row with no issue, then joined a group with one of the people on the list and inevitably D/C from the first boss we face. (Those same specific people are the ones that sometimes D/C me when joining a game.)

2a. I have writing down names of users I D/C from as I narrow it down over time, and there doesn't seem to be any clear commonalities between them (ISP, location, etc.)

3. This has only happened on the bosses with opening cutscenes: All Dragons, DRL, BR, and Gal Gryphon. I have never D/Ced from Vol Opt or Falz. I have not tried Olga Flow.

My internet is very good, and this is the only game I ever have connection issues with. My only thought is that it has to do with my Windows emulator and it's super unstable, etc., but I know plenty of people run on Mac without issue.

Does anyone have any possible ideas? Thanks very much for your time!

Try
-resetting router and/or power cycling modem
-If you're on wireless, play on a wired connection. This helps the most sometimes.
-If you're already on a wired connection, try a new cable
-open CMD (or w/e your equivalent is in Crapple stuff) and try and fiddle with IP configuration options
-If you have others sharing your connection, try to get them to stop and try then to enter bosses and see what happens, because ISP's have odd bandwidth caps sometimes.
-Try keeping something running in the background while playing, as your ISP might be d/c you due to the small size of bandwidth pso actually uses.

My only other suggestion would install a real partition of windows for PSO to avoid all the hassle.

If this were windows it would be caused by pso being installed into a protected folder and uac still enabled and/or dep.

It's caused by access to asset files. Not sure how it applies to mac though. But you need to ensure nothing is blocking pso from accessing it's assets.

If this were windows it would be caused by pso being installed into a protected folder and uac still enabled and/or dep.

It's caused by access to asset files. Not sure how it applies to mac though. But you need to ensure nothing is blocking pso from accessing it's assets.

Thanks, tofuman. I am now actually running the game on Windows (I used Boot Camp to partition my HDD, etc.) and I actually got the same boss D/C. Would you mind elaborating a little more on how to check this out/what to do, since I am not nearly as well versed with Windows as I am with Mac OS?

Ensure your antivirus isn't blocking psobb.exe.

Ensure that you haven't installed into a windows protected folder such as program files.

Add psobb.exe to DEP.

Ensure you test with unmodified game files.

Edit: Just kidding. I just D/Ced at Dragon. I was leader in the game that went well, not leader in the game where I D/Ced. Don't know if that's a coincidence.

So I just ran 4 bosses in a group of people I normally D/C from and everything was fine. Unless I was just really lucky, it looks like adding psobb.exe to DEP was the solution.

Thanks very much for your help! I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back