Non Vanilla Ephinea?

Aegid

First some clarification:
The idea of this thread is only to find out different perspectives or mindsets regarding the topic at hand. In no way do I intend this to become an uncivilized discussion, or do I think/claim people agree with my viewpoint. Also do not see this as a suggestion, I doubt this has not come up before.
Ephinea and its staff have made a home for me and a lot of other people to come back and look for red boxes in our free times, and for that I am infinitely grateful.

I will start off by saying something that I am aware some people will disagree with: I was one of the people that supported the dark weapons not being combo locked (clarifying, I wish that Dark Flow did not have its special on 2nd and third, it blinded everyone). I remember that when I came back, I was told that the dark weapons were combo locked, which makes sense in a vanilla server, but I have the mind and preference of a HU player (HUcaseal is my main), so it sort of made me double think of coming back or not. Again, and I don’t think I will stress this enough, but I am aware people prefer the DW to be combo locked, perhaps majority, and I am at peace with that, I’m not of the people who think everyone should think like me.
Anyway, my playstyle is pragmatic, I like to save as much time as I can, especially while item hunting, so I fall into the meta naturally. At first, I made a FOnewearl, for two reasons, one, FOrces can solo most stuff quick so that meant quicker solo hunts, and two, out of the two nuking forces, she is the one with the looks that I can stand the most (no offense, FOnewm enjoyers). Of course, meta was more appealing to me so I ended up making a FOnewm, a purple to hunt Pwand specifically, since I made a HUnewearl for it and it wasn’t that time efficient. I learnt that I could spam MA4C lilies part under 4 minutes with a Fonewm, and I ended up getting a Pwand as a consequence. After that I just decided to FO everything so I could gather gear for my other characters, and this is where something happened that made me think about each class in a vanilla server.

I was of the mindset that Dark Flow was alright to be combo locked due the S3 spam but also, the fact that HUcast had way too high ATP, so he was seen as broken with it (rainbow, kekw). But then last week I started joining only FO’s EP4 quests to learn more about FOrces, and found out we could just explode/freeze everything to death with minimal effort, this due DMC no longer being a thing, naturally this was the first time I saw something like it, I was of a generation where people were upset their DF swing didn’t kill the monster because the FO decided to RAzonde it and resulted in HU’s death. Of course I think DMC being gone is better in general, but the power it gave forces to just clean stuff up makes me think that FOnewms especially are in the top of the “imaginary” tier list, by perhaps a lot, since it can clear quests quicker, spamming a tech and with no real danger.

Which brings me to my question, and I apologize for the long text. Has the staff ever thought of making a non vanilla ship? One that has stuff like Dark Weapons unlocked, perhaps original weapons (reskins of course, and nothing broken like schtserv)? I know it'd be awesome to have something a bit stronger than a Red Sword but weaker than a TJS, which as we all know, is rare AF, unlike for example the already mentioned Pwand, one of the banners that I see the most.

Anyway, again, I hope this is not taken badly, just sharing thoughts for the sake of reading other’s and perhaps change my own perspective on things. Thank you for reading.

Also, it’s morning and english is not my main language, so apologies if some parts make no sense.

Custom nonvanilla has been discussed thoroughly and shut down multiple times, just not gonna happen because it will overshadow vanilla since even "Fixed" (see rebalanced) vanilla will be more efficient than vanilla.

Back