Constant Crash

I don't have a smartphone either, just never felt the need to drop cash on one.

I have no smartphone/cellphone either. I don’t buy communication/Internet devices that ship with proprietary software, and even in 2016, there doesn’t seem to be a 100% free/libre one available.

Crashed three times in less than 10 minutes. Tried just about every combo of resolution settings. Made sure not to run with Steam overlay, bare bones applications and safe mode didn't do it

RIP

A lot of posts in this thread have gotten off topic. All this is doing this detracting from the original post.

If you can check the log folder and see if there is anything being logged in there. There is also a log for the DLL. So if the DLL is shutting the client down for whatever reason it would be logged there also.

If you're running in full screen mode can you try running in windowed mode.

I've only gotten one log out of 20 or so crashes in the last 5 days or so since I joined and it read "Timing Problem." Have also tried the various widescreen and fullscreen settings

Is there any thing altering the time of your system? Such as syncing with a NTP? Although I wouldn't imagine your system time falling out of sync too often. But if you adjust the system time while it game it could cause the timing problem.

The game will also crash if you are running any debuggers / trainers for PSOBB.

BTW, the log deletes itself after every start up of the game, that's why you only have one log.

"Timing problem" indicates the DLL is being blocked from doing certain things or your system is incredibly slow and can't do those things in time. (This shouldn't even occur with most systems.) So, I'm curious to know your system specs. Mostly I'm wondering about your processor and RAM.

You said you've already without Steam overlay and bare bones applications. Does this include disabling your antivirus too?

Also, not sure how you were able to test it in Safe Mode, I'd think 3D games wouldn't even be able to run in Safe Mode. ;)

BTW, the log deletes itself after every start up of the game, that's why you only have one log.

"Timing problem" indicates the DLL is being blocked from doing certain things or your system is incredibly slow and can't do those things in time. (This shouldn't even occur with most systems.) So, I'm curious to know your system specs. Mostly I'm wondering about your processor and RAM.

You said you've already without Steam overlay and bare bones applications. Does this include disabling your antivirus too?

Also, not sure how you were able to test it in Safe Mode, I'd think 3D games wouldn't even be able to run in Safe Mode. ;)
Ohhhhh okay. That's good to know. Most time's I've checked the log it has been blank, not sure if that helps at all. No antivirus, checked peerblockers. Would my systems inability to keep it's own time and current day have anything to do with connecting to the server?

Also about Safe Mode - sorry I meant the essential Driver config or whatever it's called under Safe Mode. I guess they aren't really the same thing huh x(

https://a.uguu.se/cbelus_specx.jpg

WOW NICE COMPUTER @_@
Shouldn't be a performance problem
system time desync seems like it could cause issues
I've had it interfere with applications functioning before

Ohhhhh okay. That's good to know. Most time's I've checked the log it has been blank, not sure if that helps at all. No antivirus, checked peerblockers. Would my systems inability to keep it's own time and current day have anything to do with connecting to the server?

Also about Safe Mode - sorry I meant the essential Driver config or whatever it's called under Safe Mode. I guess they aren't really the same thing huh x(

https://a.uguu.se/cbelus_specx.jpg

If the clock matters that much, that would explain my problem. My computer cant keep time for some reason.

I updated the DLL with a different method to track time. Let me know if it helps. You will have to patch via the launcher, should bring DLL up to 1.6.6

Wow...I haven't disconnected yet. No more disconnects after gather 3 more people to run missions with. No more being poor because I get mad after struggling to play for about 2 hours. Thank you Soda boy, you are a genius. Thank you Adri, you have done what it would've taken me another week to do.

I updated the DLL with a different method to track time. Let me know if it helps. You will have to patch via the launcher, should bring DLL up to 1.6.6
Still having the same consistent disconnects, comcast hates me

I'm glad it worked for da_man tho
*THATSTHEPROBLEM*

Edit: This might fix it?
Tried it, still nothing. ty tho

Could you try running a constant ping test to the ephinea server and then when you DC see if you also had request timed outs in the ping test. May also want to run a ping to google dns along side it to see if its an issue that affects just the connection to ephinea or if it affects your internet as a whole. eg "ping 8.8.8.8 -t" from command prompt.

Could you try running a constant ping test to the ephinea server and then when you DC see if you also had request timed outs in the ping test. May also want to run a ping to google dns along side it to see if its an issue that affects just the connection to ephinea or if it affects your internet as a whole. eg "ping 8.8.8.8 -t" from command prompt.

Alrighty, that sounds good.

Where can I find Ephinea's ip?

also just got this for the first time:

Last edited:
Back