Yep, I got a steam deck!

horseness

Hello everyone!

The steam deck is fantastic and I can see I’m not the only one to jump back into this game after getting one.

Very briefly, I remember looking forward to PSO on Dreamcast before it came out. I had played Chu Chu Rocket and was in love with everything Sega, everything Sonic Team. I truly believe PSO is one of the best games ever made.

I am very excited to be as active as I can be in this community. I have a busy schedule, but I hope to be able to play at least a couple times a week. I plan to play primarily on the classic mode ship. My character name is horseness.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible! A big thank you to everyone involved in creating this!!!

-horseness

Hello everyone!

The steam deck is fantastic and I can see I’m not the only one to jump back into this game after getting one.

Very briefly, I remember looking forward to PSO on Dreamcast before it came out. I had played Chu Chu Rocket and was in love with everything Sega, everything Sonic Team. I truly believe PSO is one of the best games ever made.

I am very excited to be as active as I can be in this community. I have a busy schedule, but I hope to be able to play at least a couple times a week. I plan to play primarily on the classic mode ship. My character name is horseness.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible! A big thank you to everyone involved in creating this!!!

-horseness
Awwww? If you only play on Classic ship....mew has no one to give her Chu Chu Fever armor to?! We also still has Chu mouse MAG and Kapu kitty MAG! The Soccer lobby has a Chu Chu mouse Ball to kick into a ROCKET...aaaand a Kapu ball to trigger a Chu Chu swarm at the goal....So ,yeah...Lots of Sonic Team Easter eggs for you~! Not sure if mew will be able to 'Pounce' and play wiff you....but she can still tell you wiff great warmth and pride.... Welcome Home! =3!

Awwww? If you only play on Classic ship....mew has no one to give her Chu Chu Fever armor to?! We also still has Chu mouse MAG and Kapu kitty MAG! The Soccer lobby has a Chu Chu mouse Ball to kick into a ROCKET...aaaand a Kapu ball to trigger a Chu Chu swarm at the goal....So ,yeah...Lots of Sonic Team Easter eggs for you~! Not sure if mew will be able to 'Pounce' and play wiff you....but she can still tell you wiff great warmth and pride.... Welcome Home! =3!
you have chu chu fever on classic??? how come i never see you on classic?

you have chu chu fever on classic??? how come i never see you on classic?
Nu Nu Nu, dear! Your mew has no Classic account....yet. She has a Chu Chu Fever armor from the latest Summer event, since ppl comment about Mewplushie's chu armor~!

Nu Nu Nu, dear! Your mew has no Classic account....yet. She has a Chu Chu Fever armor from the latest Summer event, since ppl comment about Mewplushie's chu armor~!
aawwww! is that last years summer event? cause i thought you had that armor when i first started playing in February and you ran me some. when do we get the privilege of seeing your chu chu armor on classic? we need someone to run lowbs over here were getting over loaded running our alts.

aawwww! is that last years summer event? cause i thought you had that armor when i first started playing in February and you ran me some. when do we get the privilege of seeing your chu chu armor on classic? we need someone to run lowbs over here were getting over loaded running our alts.
Mew got a SPARE chu chu to find a loving home for eventually. =3 And yes, would be nice to has a Classic mew to halp out the nooblets~! <3!

Hmm I think I will start a character on classic aswell. Just for fun. If help is needed.

Look out for "Don Mania"

Ya theres not a lot over there but we do have fun! Crap i hope neither of those things prompts certain people to delete classic. If you like the game back on consoles you'll enjoy it. its a different world but we farm just the same!

I mainly decided to start in classic because its seem like it would be the closest to the pso I’ve always known. I’m sure I will try the other servers in the future. Also still figuring this steam deck out… not sure how to chat in game as someone (whose name escapes me) briefly encountered last night.

Quick question if you all don’t mind - A couple times I’ve come across an issue where suddenly I’m killing monsters but no longer gaining xp. One time I killed the dragon, no xp and no drops. When I went to the bank before I quit the game froze and had to force shut down. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a thing that happens? Maybe I disconnected from the server but was still playing somehow?

Quick question if you all don’t mind - A couple times I’ve come across an issue where suddenly I’m killing monsters but no longer gaining xp. One time I killed the dragon, no xp and no drops. When I went to the bank before I quit the game froze and had to force shut down. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a thing that happens? Maybe I disconnected from the server but was still playing somehow?
That's not normal. Sounds like you disconnected from the server.

Combat is all client sided for the most part.

When you lose connection to the server, you're usually able to keep playing for a bit (without any experience gained or progress saved) until the game locks you into place and lets you know you've been disconnected.

If your whole client shuts down, though, like... back to the desktop, that's even more weird.

You're probably playing on Wi-Fi, so maybe investigate both your Wi-Fi connection and router.

If it always happens on the same ship, try another ship. If it still happens, I'd bet a network or ISP issue.

Cable modems based on the Intel Puma 6 chipset are wholly incompatible with PSO for some strange reason... So, if you have one of those, you need to switch it or play from a wireless hotspot from your cell phone. (Trust me, it'd be way more stable.)

When you lose connection to the server, you're usually able to keep playing for a bit (without any experience gained or progress saved) until the game locks you into place and lets you know you've been disconnected.

If your whole client shuts down, though, like... back to the desktop, that's even more weird.

You're probably playing on Wi-Fi, so maybe investigate both your Wi-Fi connection and router.

If it always happens on the same ship, try another ship. If it still happens, I'd bet a network or ISP issue.

Cable modems based on the Intel Puma 6 chipset are wholly incompatible with PSO for some strange reason... So, if you have one of those, you need to switch it or play from a wireless hotspot from your cell phone. (Trust me, it'd be way more stable.)
Ok, I will look into this. Thank you!

I mainly decided to start in classic because its seem like it would be the closest to the pso I’ve always known. I’m sure I will try the other servers in the future. Also still figuring this steam deck out… not sure how to chat in game as someone (whose name escapes me) briefly encountered last night.

Cool man! I didnt realize you started on classic. I was looking for the same nostalgic experience from my GC days when I started here back in feb, but we didnt have classic yet. I do love normal very much also, I mean its more of what I love, the "Good" pso. When I was younger I spent years reading about and dreaming about getting Red Rings and Dark Flows, and in normal you can finally get those. Though that is cool there's something about the classic experience that I enjoy.

Hit us up in the classic channel on discord! And the help section of discord is the best place to get help with technical, steam deck, addons or anything else you run into while your getting setup back into the game. Its also the fastest place to get help, often right away!

Have fun!

Last edited:

Thanks again. I switched my steam deck to my 2.4ghz wifi connection rather than the 5ghz and this seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks again. I switched my steam deck to my 2.4ghz wifi connection rather than the 5ghz and this seems to have solved the issue.
Hello there!

The Steam Deck has a common issue where 5 ghz Wifi networks will suddenly drop or have intermittent connection issues.

To remedy this, you can either use a 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi connection, or for a permanent solution:

Code:
1. Tap the STEAM Button

2. Visit Settings in the Menu Window

3. Visit the System Tab, then enable "Developer Mode"

4. Go all the way down to the Developer Tab, and Disable the "Enable Wifi Power Management" knob.

If you've any questions about the Steam Deck in general, you can reply here.

Enjoy your new Deck!

Hello there!

The Steam Deck has a common issue where 5 ghz Wifi networks will suddenly drop or have intermittent connection issues.

To remedy this, you can either use a 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi connection, or for a permanent solution:

Code:
1. Tap the STEAM Button

2. Visit Settings in the Menu Window

3. Visit the System Tab, then enable "Developer Mode"

4. Go all the way down to the Developer Tab, and Disable the "Enable Wifi Power Management" knob.

If you've any questions about the Steam Deck in general, you can reply here.

Enjoy your new Deck!
Thank you for this! I finally got around to trying it and it worked perfectly!
If I turn off developer mode will it undo this setting? Does leaving developer mode on have any downside?

Back